Author Topic: Sonique.  (Read 1430 times)

Astral Soup Design

Sonique.
« on: 21 Apr '16 - 22:51 »
Here it is Sonique V1 for XMPlay.

The official XMPlay Support download link is not ready yet. A nightly from our Dropbox is here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nr8r8k516f6n4o4/Sonique.xmpskin?dl=0

Dotpitch

Re: Sonique.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr '16 - 06:48 »
Yep, looks like Sonique did, including the visualization on the main screen :). The text in the track info display doesn't wrap, is there anything you can do about that?

I do think the Extended Playlist looks disconnected from the Main Window, the styles are radially different.

Astral Soup Design

« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr '16 - 17:53 »
Yep, looks like Sonique did, including the visualization on the main screen :). The text in the track info display doesn't wrap, is there anything you can do about that?

Due to not-yet-implemmented tricks to make text wrap in the track info area, text could look out of alignment.
The only thing that could be done is filing a skinning feature request in the "Suggestions for 3.9" thread.
UPDATE: The request has been filed in the thread.

I do think the Extended Playlist looks disconnected from the Main Window, the styles are radially different.

A long time ago, a plugin which let Sonique play videos was created. Such plugin came with a windowed common control. I can not find such plugin yet to make a reconstruction to the Info/Extended Window.

In the meantime, Common Controls 2000 will be used instead. It is not permanent, though. Just let us find such windowed bitmap.
« Last Edit: 22 Apr '16 - 18:18 by Bahamondes & Furan »

rst

« Reply #3 on: 13 May '16 - 15:45 »
good one !!

but the classic font warning pop up appears, Win XP here.
Please, can you fix that ?

Astral Soup Design

« Reply #4 on: 16 May '16 - 00:29 »
good one !!

but the classic font warning pop up appears, Win XP here.
Please, can you fix that ?

The ploblem has been identified not only under Windows XP but also in the following situations:

• When using ReactOS without Franklin Gothic Demi fonts installed.
  • In a vanilla Win32/64 operative systems lacking Franklin Gothic Demi.

The problem has been fixed... but the update will be released soon, as a new common control for the skin is on the road.

Thanks, rst. ;)

Astral Soup Design

« Reply #5 on: 18 May '16 - 19:28 »
The update has been uploaded to the XMPlay Support Site. Enjoy the new common control!

rst

« Reply #6 on: 18 May '16 - 19:40 »
nice, but still the pop up font warning.

this skin uses font(s) that you do not have installed, so it will probably not look correct.

Franklin Gothic Demi (replaced with ms sans serif)

this pop up is very irritant, if that word exists in english.

The skin is amazing, so thx !
« Last Edit: 18 May '16 - 19:44 by rst »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 19 May '16 - 12:16 »
Oops! That font was included with the skin by Nicolas, but I removed it before uploading. I have put it back in now.

Astral Soup Design

« Reply #8 on: 19 May '16 - 12:21 »
Oops! That font was included with the skin by Nicolas, but I removed it before uploading. I have put it back in now.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaa... for a moment I thought I have done something incorrect again  :P

(... @Ian Google: Vangelis Intergalactic Radio Station Lyrics) ;)

rst

« Reply #9 on: 23 May '16 - 18:26 »
you had a very good idea to do this plugin, now i am guessing the possibility of others, example.. DeliPlayer, BS.Player....

Astral Soup Design

« Reply #10 on: 24 May '16 - 17:56 »
you had a very good idea to do this plugin, now i am guessing the possibility of others, example.. DeliPlayer, BS.Player....

You mean looking for producing our skins in other platforms? Sounds like a good idea as a mid-term plan, but in the meantime, our loyalty is with Ian Luck.
P.S.: A long time ago, we produced a sorta-skin for 7zip File Manager: Tilings. It is not a media player, though, but it was our first approach to make more skins for other programs.

saga

« Reply #11 on: 24 May '16 - 21:32 »
I'm pretty sure he meant replicating the DeliPlayer skin in XMPlay, not the other way around.

Astral Soup Design

DeliPlayer has been added to the roadmap.
« Reply #12 on: 25 May '16 - 03:27 »
rst wants it vintage. We're in.

Chinese Sausage

« Reply #13 on: 26 May '16 - 01:42 »
Thank you Bahamondes & Furan. This skin brought a lot off good memories back when I used to use Sonique at the office back in '99, It was something else. I discovered XMPlay back in 2001 but began using it in 2004. I'll keep this one.

Are you planning in implementing the Sonique "look" in the playlists as well?
Regards.

Astral Soup Design

>> Answer.
« Reply #14 on: 26 May '16 - 05:00 »
Thank you Bahamondes & Furan. This skin brought a lot off good memories back when I used to use Sonique at the office back in '99, It was something else. I discovered XMPlay back in 2001 but began using it in 2004. I'll keep this one.

Are you planning in implementing the Sonique "look" in the playlists as well?
Regards.

Chinese Sausage, your positive nostalgia is our satisfaction. Making homage to the "I want it vintage" involves finding people who loves watching again their old favorite interfaces in modern software. :)

Regarding your question...

We wanted to develop a second variation of the skin, employing what is considered the playlist portion of the interface, so users can choose between playlist or track info. Due to limitations of the skinning engine, only 10 items at the same time can be shown (against Sonique's 14 items) and the scroller (to be created) may clash with the actually used blue scroll in the Info/Ext. Playlist Window.

Anyway, such variation will come soon.

By the way, Ian, do you know if there is an existent property to specify separate scrollers for the Mini Playlist panel and for the Info Window?

Chinese Sausage

« Reply #15 on: 27 May '16 - 01:13 »
Excellent, I will eagerly await!  :D