Author Topic: Bug in iXMPlay skin  (Read 1006 times)

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
Bug in iXMPlay skin
« on: 7 May '16 - 15:38 »
Hey people!
I recently got a new notebook for my workplace and it runs Windows 10, so I get to use XMPlay on a regular basis again, yay!

However, I noticed that in my own iXMPlay skins, there seems to be an error on the extended playlist: when hovering the "Save list" button, only a small part of it will be hilighted. When checking my other computers with Windows 7 and Linux Mint via WINE, the error seems to appear everywhere. Anyone else seeing this?

Many greets,
Thomas

Jimmy Neutron

Re: Bug in iXMPlay skin
« Reply #1 on: 8 May '16 - 13:38 »
Win10 x64, freshly downloaded iXMPlay skins - both versions show the top left corner of the Save list button highlighted on hover (approx 1/8th of the button).

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 9 May '16 - 17:27 »
Hey people!
I recently got a new notebook for my workplace and it runs Windows 10, so I get to use XMPlay on a regular basis again, yay!

Welcome back :)

However, I noticed that in my own iXMPlay skins, there seems to be an error on the extended playlist: when hovering the "Save list" button, only a small part of it will be hilighted. When checking my other computers with Windows 7 and Linux Mint via WINE, the error seems to appear everywhere. Anyone else seeing this?

Oops! Here's an update to fix that:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Jimmy Neutron

« Reply #3 on: 9 May '16 - 19:18 »
It might work OK, but XMPlay doesn't "see" the iXMPlay skins so I can't say for sure.

The files are in the skins directory just like all the rest of the skins I keep around, and they all show fine.

Edit: Win 10 protected me from running the new version - once I figured that out, the skin works correctly.
« Last Edit: 9 May '16 - 20:31 by Jimmy Neutron »

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #4 on: 10 May '16 - 10:20 »
@Ian: Awesome, thank you!
@Jimmy: thanks for testing!

Maybe I'll try making a skin for HiDPI screens soon, who knows. ;-)

Windows 10 is causing all kinds of headaches. Sometimes, when I switch to the Vis panel, XMPlay locks up for a few seconds and then, instead of loading my last vis (my own Vectorscope SVP), I get shown the list of visuals to choose from - with my own vis gone from the list, until I restart XMPlay. I'm almost sure that Win10 is to blame for some kind of security bullshit here.
« Last Edit: 10 May '16 - 10:29 by Rah'Dick »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 13 May '16 - 12:26 »
To avoid launch delays, XMPlay doesn't verify the vis plugins until the vis window is first opened. So there could be a little delay the first time you open the vis window. It checks whether it can load each of the vis plugins then, and removes any that fails from the list. If your plugin is missing from the list, then it sounds like something is indeed preventing it loading. That sounds like something that a virus scanner might cause, eg. if it's checking the file online and that doesn't complete quickly enough. You could try temporarily disabling your virus scanner to check whether it is causing the problem.