Author Topic: Soiload skin problem  (Read 1012 times)

rst

Soiload skin problem
« on: 22 Aug '16 - 13:14 »
Well today i have seen in the support site url a new skin that i dont knew about. Soiload. Seems beautiful but again the classic problem... Just check the picture below.... Please, fix possible ?

Also because the program use, obviously, other fonts, the skin got altered with the showed text, and looks bad....

thx in advance
« Last Edit: 22 Aug '16 - 13:19 by rst »

Dotpitch

Re: Soiload skin problem
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug '16 - 21:26 »
Please, fix possible ?
  • You could install the required fonts. Franklin Gothic is a font usually installed with Microsoft Office.
  • You can override the font of the skin by making an Soiload.skinconfig file containing the appropriate font names next to Soiload.xmpskin. You can check the original skinconfig (in the source) for the exact parameter names.
Which part specifically do you think looks bad? The time display is intended to be too large for the window, as is shown in the screenshot on the Support Site.

rst

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug '16 - 23:37 »
no, that's not the way. A skin, in my opinion, must be standalone in all. For future installs on other systems. We cant loose our time with fonts questions. So i am looking for a permanet fix.

Astral Soup Design

« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug '16 - 16:20 »
Please, fix possible ?
  • You could install the required fonts. Franklin Gothic is a font usually installed with Microsoft Office.
  • You can override the font of the skin by making an Soiload.skinconfig file containing the appropriate font names next to Soiload.xmpskin. You can check the original skinconfig (in the source) for the exact parameter names.
Which part specifically do you think looks bad? The time display is intended to be too large for the window, as is shown in the screenshot on the Support Site.

The remaining fonts will be issued now.
The time display is intentional, BTW.

The fonts were bundled in the next release. Here you have the new files.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug '16 - 12:27 »
The updated skin (including the missing fonts) is now up on the support site:

http://support.xmplay.com/files_view.php?file_id=673

rst

« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug '16 - 14:01 »
Thx so much Ian :)

bu i havent clear the question, with the embedded fonts, the skin use them ?
Or maybe i am wrong because the times numbers in the top-left part of the skin are more big than the skin, maybe that is intentional ?
« Last Edit: 24 Aug '16 - 14:08 by rst »

Dotpitch

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug '16 - 16:50 »
Or maybe i am wrong because the times numbers in the top-left part of the skin are more big than the skin, maybe that is intentional ?
Please post a screenshot of the new version you have and put a big red arrow at what you mean.

rst

« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug '16 - 00:30 »

Dotpitch

« Reply #8 on: 25 Aug '16 - 06:46 »
That is intentional. ::)

rst

« Reply #9 on: 26 Aug '16 - 01:26 »
ok ok :)

thx so much.