Author Topic: file loading  (Read 6113 times)

AcidSoul

file loading
« on: 20 May '02 - 18:39 »
As soon as I saw that lovely interface on XMplay I went into the options and set XM's to be it's default file format. I then double clicked on an XM file (now with a lovely XMplay icon) and it loaded XMplay, but not the XM...

I tried messing around with the options for a while without any luck, it doesn't even enque the file it's the equivelent of double clicking the XMplay exe file.

Thnx for any help, AcidSoul.
XMplay version: 2.3
O/S: winXP

Redgemz

Re: file loading
« Reply #1 on: 21 May '02 - 04:44 »
I think your problem might have something to do with the 'XP' after the 'win' in your OS name :)
Seriously, though, I've been running XMplay offa the computers in my school (they're all networked using win2000's office edition [don't tell anyone, tho. not supposed to have fun stuff on the drives :evil:]) and I've had a similar problem when trying to run streaming audio. Do you use separate profiles? Maybe the problem is with that.

AcidSoul

« Reply #2 on: 21 May '02 - 17:20 »
Yeah, XP, figured as much ;D well if anyone has had this problem and figured out how to fix it, please mail me or post. :)

Thnx again, AS.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 21 May '02 - 17:29 »
You could check the "ADD TO LIST" option in the "Integration" panel... if it's "on", then the new track will not start playing, but will be added to the playlist (you can press the enter key to play it)... so try switching that off, if it's on.

If the new track is not even added to the playlist, then I don't know what's going on ;D

Pike84

« Reply #4 on: 22 May '02 - 02:31 »
Just wanted to say, I'm using Xmplay on winXP with no problems at all 8)

Pike84

« Reply #5 on: 22 May '02 - 02:37 »
Hey, by the way, there aren't different kind of members here anymore, like newbies, junior members etc... all are just members. Boring! No really, doesn't matter alot, but I'm curious tho, what's the point?

Ralesk

« Reply #6 on: 22 May '02 - 18:14 »
Maybe the XM file is broken?

Welcome to the board LR^AS ;D

Kynes> Whoa... really......... :-/
« Last Edit: 22 May '02 - 18:15 by Ralesk »

Pike84

« Reply #7 on: 23 May '02 - 02:34 »
Yea, Ralesk... it's so sad - I was a senior member too :'( :laugh:

Edan

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jul '02 - 20:12 »
This is easy to fix guys.
Right click on an MP3 and select "Open With" then "Choose Program".
Now find the XMPlay exe and check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and hit "Ok"

There ya go. Prob solved

Philidor11 (Guest)

« Reply #9 on: 7 Jul '02 - 18:20 »
As the sort of permanent guest who never leaves, I appreciate your struggle.

Ralesk

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jul '02 - 18:48 »
Edan -- tho I'm not sure if you'll ever read this -- the integration settings, file associations, are set up in LR^AS' case, as he mentioned in the initial post, that he associated the XM with XMPlay.