Author Topic: bass Winstore Fail  (Read 297 times)

cablehead

bass Winstore Fail
« on: 10 Apr '17 - 21:47 »
Supported API test

FAILED
Supported APIs

Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:

API LoadPackagedLibrary in phoneappmodelhost.dll is not supported for this application type. bass.dll calls this API.

Impact if not fixed: Using an API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps violates the Windows Store certification requirements.
How to fix: Review the error messages to identify the API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps. Please note, apps that are built in a debug configuration or without .NET Native enabled (where applicable) can fail this test as these environments may pull in unsupported APIs. Retest your app in a release configuration, and with .NET Native enabled if applicable. See the link below for more information:

When I ran the cert test locally, I passed the cert.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: bass Winstore Fail
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr '17 - 14:24 »
That's strange. According to the LoadPackagedLibrary documentation, it is supported in Windows Store apps. I guess they're complaining about phoneappmodelhost.dll, but that's where the function is on Windows Phone, which the documentation also says is supported. Do you need to support Windows Phone in your app? If not, try switching to the ARM Windows 10 BASS.DLL (in "Windows 10\arm" directory).

cablehead

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr '17 - 15:16 »
Yes, I did want to support mobile. If I don't...are you saying try the ARM for the PC?

It's funny, as funny as that freaking fail report, that the UWP proj always passes when I run it locally.
The dude at Microsoft says the version I am running does not check for unsupported API's.

Really? Whats that checkbox that says "Test Unsupported API's" that I checked then?

cablehead

« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr '17 - 17:14 »
I tried again with no changes Fail. Same reason.
API LoadPackagedLibrary in phoneappmodelhost.dll is not supported for this application type. bass.dll calls this API.

I think "for this application type" is them saying, yea it's supported, but "type" will depend on your app capabilities (that are declared in the manifest - backgroundaudio - probably the culprit)

The SDK version my app targets is a newer, but not newest, SDK - the first to support single process audio (you don't need a separate .dll background task) ...in the background.

My guess is they are trying to protect the phone when you have background capability. Rumor has it they have some crazy mute on the mic array on incoming calls - no way to call record. With a loopback recorder you can record the ring...but then just silence. Perhaps they think you may "load" something on a incoming call.
« Last Edit: 11 Apr '17 - 17:24 by cablehead »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr '17 - 17:32 »
Is your app targetting Windows 8 or Windows 10? If the latter, try removing the Windows Phone BASS.DLL file from your app and replace it with the BASS.DLL file from the "Windows 10\arm" directory.

cablehead

« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr '17 - 17:40 »
Update ...they now claim that this is a known issue. When informed the app was failed twice the tech was blah, blah...re-submit. Doing that now.

cablehead

« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr '17 - 17:42 »
Yea, it's Windows 10. I am using the Windows 10 Arm for phone.

cablehead

« Reply #7 on: 11 Apr '17 - 18:19 »
Store publishing just crashed. They are now saying "several days"

cablehead

« Reply #8 on: 12 Apr '17 - 19:25 »
Like everything they say, "several days" was off the wall. Still FAIL.

This is from an incident report I filed.

Thank you for contacting developer support. I understand that your app, recently failed certification/Store WACK for unsupported API. I am sorry to hear this, but will be happy to assist. As Derrick mentioned while an app may pass local WACK successfully, The local WACK tool does not test the store policies only the technical requires of the package. Once you submit your app to the Store issues that did not present before can show in testing. For alternatives to the API, I  suggest reaching out to our technical forums which are monitored by MSFT and are an excellent resource.. If you encounter a unique concern in the future, please do not hesitate to contact developer support.

Kindest Regards,
Amanda H.
Microsoft Windows Developer Support

cablehead

« Reply #9 on: 15 Apr '17 - 00:21 »
After all is said and done. FAIL. They are sticking to my application type as the real reason, without telling me what "type" of app I have. I have a universal app that passes all cert kit tests...and they know it.

it's probably the thru the lockscreen recording. Their Windows 10 PC recorder doesn't work in the background- so I guess that is the standard these shitbum Creator's have set.
« Last Edit: 15 Apr '17 - 00:38 by cablehead »