Author Topic: xmplay.pls re-reading extremely delays opening associated audio file  (Read 255 times)

Corak

Hi. I noticed a long time ago, that when i'm trying to open some associated audio file with xmplay - player just slows down for a 53 seconds- nearly a minute delay. Even absolutely with clean version of xmplay. And finally now i experimented and found real cause of it re-creation of "xmplay.pls" file for some long pathes. Strange behavor, but it's only in xmplay, and it's long time. If there was no "xmplay.pls" - it just plays normally, but if there was some - it delays for a minute... I found only solution currently - it creating fake folder "xmplay.pls", that only helps.
Video recorded with this problem and solution example:
https://youtu.be/qg2FPo9MCjA

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
That's strange, I've never seen that before. I'm not really sure what could be causing the delay. Do you have the same delay if you open the file from Windows Explorer instead? To check whether it may be config-specific, does it still happen if you delete/rename your XMPLAY.INI file?

Corak

Yep, you are right. found what causing it. And yes, it's only from external file manager application (as Total Commander), that opens windows associated files. Without delays in default windows "explorer" file manager.

in xmplay.ini file parameter:
Info=-2147154941

If I remove it - it autocreating as
Info=-2147483648
And then working normally in TC.

Can you found out what this parameter changes and why in such state (TC, parameter setting) it can cause such delays when there is "xmplay.pls" file already created?
Maybe needs some fixing in code to prevent potentially such behavors..
« Last Edit: 10 Jun '17 - 00:55 by Corak »

Corak

And this parameter changes again and makes this delay again. Seems to need to dig it

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
The "Info" XMPLAY.INI setting contains whether the info window is open and in what mode. Does closing the info window or changing the mode before closing XMPlay stop the problem happening next time? If so, which mode(s) results in the problem happening?

Corak

Yes, closing or changing mode in info window really helps, it hangs for a minute only on Playlist mode.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Does the problem also happen when the info window is showing the library? Also, does the problem only happen when using Total Commander to launch XMPlay, not Windows Explorer?

Corak

Ok point by point:
1. XMPlay must be set and have opened playlist mode info window (triggered only on "playlist", not library or any other)
2. XMPlay must not be started before calling from ANY external app.
3. This happening only if any PLAYABLE and associated file opened with XMplay by ANY external application
Tested: Total Commander, Double Commander, FAR - same problem, so doesn't matter - just any app except standard Windows Explorer (it's not triggers on Explorer).
4. This file must be really playable by plugin or any integrated method, so it has some timer (even just zero seconds) - maybe it's timer counter related, maybe not, just guessing.
That's all. Then it's hanging.
Currently it manifests only on Windows XP, but some time ago i noticed the same problem on Windows 7.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun '17 - 01:32 by Corak »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
1. XMPlay must be set and have opened playlist mode info window (triggered only on "playlist", not library or any other)

Does the problem still happen even if the playlist is empty?

Corak

Yes, playlist file must be created and there must be at least one playable (with timer) file added, only then it will hang on points i metioned before. If i clean playlist or add there unplayable ones, then close XMPlay - it will not hang....
« Last Edit: 24 Jun '17 - 10:35 by Corak »