Author Topic: Bass.Net and Radiojar?  (Read 211 times)

PapaBearPW

Bass.Net and Radiojar?
« on: 22 Jul '17 - 11:02 »
Does anyone have any experience connecting to Radiojar using Bass.Net with BASSenc? They supposedly use icecast or some derivative thereof. I have tried repeatedly to get a connection but fail every time including with the Streaming sample that comes with Bass.Net. Yet I am able to connect with BUTT. I think it has something to do with the encoder being used. That it might not work with the lame_enc.dll nor the lame.exe, since Edcast also fails to connect and uses the lame_enc.dll. BUTT uses libmp3lame-0.dll and that seems to be working with Radiojar.

I am able to connect to other icecast and shoutcast servers without issue...just not Radiojar.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

radio42

Re: Bass.Net and Radiojar?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul '17 - 15:35 »
Radiojar says: "...You may also use any icecast compatible third party broadcasting tool for this purpose..."
So have you tried the standard ICEcast way from within BASS.Net ?
If that doesn't work, you should ask Radiojar for the difference...

PapaBearPW

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul '17 - 17:07 »
Yes, I tried the Icecast connect from within Bass.Net. That has never given me any problem. The strange thing is that I can connect without issue to ANY normal Icecast server, just not Radiojar. I plan to email Radiojar about it as well, but I just thought I would ask if anyone here may have run into anything like this before. We'll see how long it takes them to answer. lol. Anyway, if I find out anything from them, I'll post it here.

Thanks.

PapaBearPW

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul '17 - 17:31 »
Never mind...nothing to see here.

I was given some bad login data and other info. Just got it working.  ::)

PapaBearPW

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul '17 - 11:25 »
Just a note in case anyone runs into issues with Radiojar in the future. They instruct users to enter mount points in their encoders without a preceding "/" . That's to say, the mount point will look like "abc123/xyz789". This will not work. You must include the preceding "/", so "/abc123/xyz789". This wasn't the only reason I was having problems, but it contributed to a lot of head scratching. I think I may just do something to check for the "/" and add it if it's missing...at least for Icecast servers anyway. lol