Author Topic: How to mix multiple inputs to multiple outputs  (Read 208 times)

xun

Hi @All,

i have a short question how i can mix a lot of inputs to a lot op outputs to build a simple intercom system.

As Example, i have 3 USB Soundcards. All these cards i can detect and access to read and write audio data. Now, i want to mix all mic inputs together and send it to all outputs, without the own of the input.

Like this:

MIC-1 to SPK-2 + SPK-3
MIC-2 to SPK-1 + SPK-3
MIC-3 to SPK-1 + SPK-2

So, the speaking person dosn't here itself.

Can anyone give me a trick how i can "mix" it, or route it to the soundcards? .. i'm not sure,  whats the best way i can use with bass24 and whats the most efficient way.

Thanks a lot
XUN

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: How to mix multiple inputs to multiple outputs
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug '17 - 17:02 »
Are the USB soundcards all connected to the same PC, or are they on different PCs and you want to send the data between them over a network?

xun

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug '17 - 23:09 »
Hello Ian,

now i have solved this topic.

BTW: all devices are on the same computer and solve it by using the bassmix plugin

but, maybe u can tell me, how i can "mute" all "output" channels on the soundcard via bass?! ... If i open alsamixer, then i see the "Speaker" output (master), the "Mic" output, the "Mic" Input and a "Auto Gain Control" button.

Now i want to mute the Mic-Output and enable the "Auto Gain Control". The Volume of the Mic-Input i can set by using BASS_RecordSetInput(..., BASS_INPUT_ON, 1) and the Master Output with BASS_SetVolume(1) to 100% .. but, how i can set the other volume controls to 0 and mute the chans, and activate the "Auto Gain Control" via BASS ?

Thx a lot!

XUN

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug '17 - 14:55 »
Good to hear that you have already found a solution. If the soundcards were on the same PC, I was indeed going to suggest using the BASSmix add-on (and its "splitter" feature).

Regarding the additional ALSA mixer controls, I think you would need to use the ALSA mixer interface directly for that.

www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/group___mixer.html
   www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/group___simple_mixer.html

You can use the BASS_DEVICEINFO "driver" value (strip any ',' and beyond) in a snd_mixer_attach call to access that device's mixer.