Author Topic: [Resolved] BASS_ASIO_Init() hanging with Windows Installer message  (Read 142 times)

SoundMike

I've recently had reports from 3 users about my program hanging with the following message from Windows Installer: "Preparing to install...". It appears to hang inside a call to BASS_ASIO_INIT(), and this problem has only been reported during the last week, so we have suspicions it's related to the latest (very lengthy) Windows update. However, it does not occur with all devices, eg I can't reproduce the problem here with my Roland Octa-Capture ASIO interface. So far the problem has been reported by users with Dante DVS or Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Is there a debug version of BASS_ASIO that may help identify the cause of the hang?
« Last Edit: 22 Dec '17 - 01:21 by SoundMike »

SoundMike

I've just heard back from the user with the Steinberg. He contacted Steinberg and was advised to install a new version of the driver (issued on 30 Nov) and that's fixed his problem. I'm still waiting to hear back from Audinate regarding the Dante users.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Good to hear that at least of them is sorted. If the others still have the problem, please get them to generate a dump file (eg. using Task Manager's "Create Dump File" option) when it happens, and upload that to have a look at here:

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

SoundMike

It seems that all three users who reported this problem had a Yamaha Steinberg USB interface and by installing the latest driver from Steinberg (released on 30 November) the problem was fixed. So not a BASS ASIO or Dante problem at all.