Author Topic: Fadeout when pause/stop/exiting program, also not satisfied with crossfade  (Read 201 times)

MrMateczko

I can't see an option to make the music fadeout when pausing/stopping/exiting the program like Winamp 2.95 does. Or am I blind?
Also, crossfade does not work quite precisely like in Winamp 2.95, even when I set it up to 0.1s/10%/buffer 0.100s, the next track does not show it's title immediately, only after the crossfade, which still feels to be just an inch longer than in Winamp 2.95 (talking about default settings of Winamp that is) even after setting everything to the lowest possible values.

Love XMPlay, been using it for years on my Win7 and 98SE! Will never change it!

(also, someone make Neutron skin with resizeable base playlist, pretty please)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
No, you're not blind. There is indeed no option to fadeout when pausing/stopping/exiting currently. I'll put that on the "look into it" list.

The crossfading is currently limited to a minimum of 1 second internally. I'm not sure it needs to be. I'll look into removing that limit and hopefully come back with an update for you to try.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Here's an update that should remove the 1 second minimum crossfade limit:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Let me know if you still see a problem with it.

MrMateczko

Well, the crossfade is now working as I've expected, good job!

The title of the next tune still comes after the crossfade, not immediately after selecting it, but maybe that's by design/not changeable.