Author Topic: Tags reading problem  (Read 272 times)

HardRock

Tags reading problem
« on: 15 Jan '18 - 11:12 »
Hello, I am using Bass.Net 2.4.12.5 and have some problems with tags reading :(

Here is problem on img:

Using method BASS_TAG_GetFromFile

Is there some simple solution for this or I need a lot of hard logic for every combination of tag types vs NativeTags array? can't even imagine
Please help )

radio42

Re: Tags reading problem
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan '18 - 15:38 »
The "/" is used in the ID3v2 specifications to separate multiple Artists, Performers (TPE1, TPE2 etc.) etc.
Thus the issue.

In the TAG_INFO structure BASS:NET does separate multiple Artists by a semicolon though.
I assume, there is no easy way of getting around, but use the "\" slash instead.

HardRock

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan '18 - 16:42 »
The "/" is used in the ID3v2 specifications to separate multiple Artists, Performers (TPE1, TPE2 etc.) etc.
Thus the issue.

In the TAG_INFO structure BASS:NET does separate multiple Artists by a semicolon though.
I assume, there is no easy way of getting around, but use the "\" slash instead.

Thx, but I can't change any data in audio files, because it will be unusable for users if they should change their files.

Is there any way to get Tag native name for Artist depending on tagType ?

As son as I thinking more about this problem, the best solution is to make some logic before using TAG_INFO results and convert ";" back to "/"
Thank you :)
« Last Edit: 15 Jan '18 - 16:45 by HardRock »

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan '18 - 17:12 »
the best solution is to be ignore Files with a wrong tag..

HardRock

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan '18 - 17:22 »
the best solution is to be ignore Files with a wrong tag..

What if you already have a tonne of music on your PC ?
And currently music player that I am using doing ok with most of my music, so I want my player could handle the same

But now I am thinking that player that I am using just don't bothering about multiple artists and using full tag value.
Now ignoring wrong tags make sense too :(

VorTechS

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan '18 - 12:16 »
Personally, I use taglib-sharp to deal with tagging and only use BASS tags as a fallback if taglib-sharp fails.

https://github.com/mono/taglib-sharp