Author Topic: bassasio capture multiple devices  (Read 182 times)

pkv

bassasio capture multiple devices
« on: 19 Jan '18 - 22:57 »
Hello,
I'm trying to capture from several asio devices at the same time.
Is it possible ?
The examples show how to output to several devices but not capture.
For the asioproc callbacks i though of passing the inputbuffer pointer from each device to a pre-allocated buffer.

1) is it possible to join all the channels from various devices into a single buffer which would be processed by ASIOPROC ?

Maybe with bassmix ?

2) sync issues :
Are there any ways in bass , bassmix addon to properly sync the buffers from the various capture devices ? (without also any external clock synching between the devices)
for instance sync from the first device (I am forcing also all the devices to have same buffer, sample rate, bitdepth).

Thanks for any pointers on how best to proceed.

pkv

Re: bassasio capture multiple devices
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan '18 - 22:11 »
Ok figured it out.
So:
- multiple devices capture does work;
- you just have to make sure to set BASS_ASIO_SetDevice several times due to changes of context when several devices are loaded.

Another question:
for using the bassasio sdk , is there a need to agree to the license of the asio sdk ?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan '18 - 12:52 »
Ok figured it out.
So:
- multiple devices capture does work;
- you just have to make sure to set BASS_ASIO_SetDevice several times due to changes of context when several devices are loaded.

That is correct. When using multiple ASIO devices, you should indeed use BASS_ASIO_SetDevice to set the thread's device context.

for using the bassasio sdk , is there a need to agree to the license of the asio sdk ?

No, you do not need to have an ASIO SDK licence from Steinberg when using BASSASIO.

pkv

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan '18 - 14:19 »
Thanks a lot Ian.
Bravo for your implementation of multiple devices on bassasio.
It's a real tour-de-force given the difficulties the asio sdk create  :)