Author Topic: Lazarus 1.8 and OSX  (Read 352 times)

dbaxter

Lazarus 1.8 and OSX
« on: 23 Feb '18 - 04:11 »
I'm getting the "symbol(s) not found for architecture x86" message trying to use the 2.4.13.8 version with Lazarus 1.8 and High Sierra. I did find a previous forum thread about this and followed the notes, but they were ineffective.  That thread said to use the Windows version of bass.pas, but that is what came with the Bass OSX download. The error occurs on any and all calls to the dylib. (if I comment a call out, the next one trips the error)
What should our settings be to get Bass to work?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Lazarus 1.8 and OSX
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb '18 - 17:46 »
I'm not familiar with Lazarus myself, but perhaps for some clues on the problem, what symbol(s) are you seeing in the error messages?

Note the BASS.PAS file in the OSX package is different to the one in the Win32/Linux package (see the "_PU" stuff).

dbaxter

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb '18 - 06:06 »
I'm aware of the _PU preface and have tried both with and without it. Trying to compile the example player in the demo/delphi directory, the error messages look like this:
"BASS_StreamFree", referenced from
_UNIT1$_$TFORM1_$_$$_FREESTREAM in unit1.o
symbols not found for architechture x86
An error occurred while linking

If I comment out the line about streamfree, the error will pop for whatever the next call is in the program. It's something basic about bass.pas and getting Lazarus to read the bass.dll.

dbaxter

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar '18 - 03:04 »
OK, after reviewing a couple past versions, I was able to update a bass.pas to go along with 2.4.13.8 and Lazarus. Uploading for all to use.