Author Topic: Streaming multiple channels over LAN  (Read 244 times)

smoodilo

Streaming multiple channels over LAN
« on: 25 Apr '18 - 10:16 »
I want to run multiple (4) instances of my BASS player on a windows PC. Normally I output these to different soundcard channels.
But now I want to stream them over LAN, to be picked up anywhere. Prefereably by any Sonos or whatever portable speaker.

This is my first attempt to do this. How do I implement this?

Any help/guidance appreciated!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Streaming multiple channels over LAN
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr '18 - 13:33 »
I haven't tried Sonos, but assuming it supports HTTP streaming, you could use the BASSenc add-on's built-in server feature (eg. BASS_Encode_ServerInit) and give the server's URL to Sonos. You could use the pre-compiled SERVER.EXE example included in the BASSenc package (C\BIN folder) to quickly try that.

smoodilo

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul '18 - 10:43 »
My program consists of 2 'players' (streams) that play songs in turn. So one player is playing a song, and when almost at the end, the next player (stream) starts. Creating a nice mix.

What I need to do is capture the output of the entire application and make a http mp3 stream of it. I tried using a program called 'stream what you hear'. It captures the output of the soundcard streaming everything it hears. I want do the same but only capture sounds coming from my app.

Do I have to use bassmix to first create one single stream of all separate streams?

smoodilo

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul '18 - 10:45 »
I cannot open the server example because Visueal Studio says it is not supported.
And when I run server.exe, how do I choose the input? What is being streamed by server.exe?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul '18 - 15:03 »
The SERVER example uses the default recording device, which you can set in Windows' Sound control panel.

smoodilo

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul '18 - 14:48 »
Can anybody provide a working .NET example (C# or VB) of server.exe?

I need it modified though:

server.exe basically does what I need, but with the exception that I want to 'listen' to the front audio channels (so left and right) of the soundcard only.

I have a 7.1 soundcard setup as 4 different stereo output channels.
-front left and right plays music.
-Rear left and right plays other music, and so on....

I only want to stream 1 pair.