Author Topic: Continue to play next song after remove and delete command  (Read 324 times)

spacedrone808

Is it possible?

And one more additional question, if you don't mind.
Is it possible to fast forward or rewind songs with dedicated keyboard shortcut?

Dotpitch

Go to Options and stuff - Shortcuts

Continue to play next song after remove and delete command
Assign the following sequence of shortcuts to the same button: List nav - Jump to current, List track - Remove (or Remove & delete file), List track - Play.

Is it possible to fast forward or rewind songs with dedicated keyboard shortcut?
Current track - Back/Forward.

spacedrone808

Go to Options and stuff - Shortcuts

Continue to play next song after remove and delete command
Assign the following sequence of shortcuts to the same button: List nav - Jump to current, List track - Remove (or Remove & delete file), List track - Play.

Current track - Back/Forward.

Thanks for advice!
But after suggested assignments systems says that file is in use. And this is quite predictable..
And as for fast forwarding, i mean rewinding forward/backward by 30 seconds or so, but not complete new track.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
The fast forwarding/rewinding is currently fixed at 3 seconds each time, so you would need to press the shortcut key 10 times (or hold it down a bit) to seek 30 seconds. If you want to seek to an exact time, another possibility is the "Current track - Go to time" shortcut.

spacedrone808

The fast forwarding/rewinding is currently fixed at 3 seconds each time, so you would need to press the shortcut key 10 times (or hold it down a bit) to seek 30 seconds. If you want to seek to an exact time, another possibility is the "Current track - Go to time" shortcut.
Thank you for a hint!
And what about deletion of a track with immediate advance to next in playlist? Is it possible?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
That should be possible in the way that Dotpitch suggested. Make sure you assign the actions to the shortcut key in the correct order.

Regarding seeking, here's an update that allows the seek step to be changed:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Add a "SeekStep=n" line to your XMPLAY.INI file to set the number of seconds that you want the seeking shortcuts to jump (default is 3). Note this also affects seeking with the mouse wheel.

spacedrone808

Ian, thanks for support!
I've added appointed parameter and everything begin to work like charm.
Even without updated exe file.

As for Dotpitch method i'll try it again from scratch!

Dotpitch

But after suggested assignments systems says that file is in use. And this is quite predictable..
If you right-click the currently playing track in the playlist and choose 'Remove & delete file', does that also produce the same error? XMPlay should close the file before deleting it, and it does seem to do that over here.

spacedrone808

Thanks for reply, i reset shortcuts completely.
Assigned to key D following stuff in appointed order:
List nav - Jump to current, List track - Remove (or Remove & delete file), List track - Play

When assigning, i noticed, that i have TWO "List nav - Jump to current" options [duplicates]. Assigned both of them to D.

Now, when i press D:  track, which is currently playing  is deleted, but without no advance to the next one.  I am confused...
Any ideas what i am doing wrong?

Dotpitch

Well, at least it deletes the file now.

You should delete the duplicate entry, that's just confusing.

Trying it here, it will start playing the next track after removing the current track. Could you post a screenshot of your shortcut assignments?

spacedrone808

Dotpitch, thanks for your time.
Here is a combined screen of all hotkeys.

Dotpitch

Oh, I see what the problem is. The order in which the shortcuts appear in the list is also the order in which they are executed. If you now press D, XMPlay will Jump to current, Play, Remove & Delete.

What you should do is select the 'List track - Play' in the list and move it down (with the Down button at the bottom) to below 'List track - Remove and delete file'. Then it should work as you like it.

spacedrone808

It worked! Don't know, that XMplayer is customizable to such sort of degree.

DotPitch and Ian thank you very much!