Author Topic: BASS_AAC issue with MP4 file  (Read 282 times)

nadia

BASS_AAC issue with MP4 file
« on: 6 Jun '18 - 11:27 »
Hello  ;D

I've found something strange in Bass_aac while using a silence detection routine that should detect initial and final silence for trimming purposes.
The problem doesn't happen when using the BASS_StreamCreateFile function, relying upon Media Foundation on Windows 7, and happens only when using the BASS_MP4_StreamCreateFile.
When using the silence detection routine, the silence at the end of the file doesn't seem to be reported correctly.

I've prepared and attached a small sample, based upon the code of the thread below:
http://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=784.msg4164#msg4164
which shows the problem when dealing with a m4a file, which is included inside the "Release" directory together with the exe file.

As you will see, results of detected silence are quite different so it seems that something is wrong in bass_aac.

Hope that Ian will be able to fix the issue.  ;D

Kind regards  ;D

nadia

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: BASS_AAC issue with MP4 file
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jun '18 - 13:12 »
This problem looks like it's caused by there being some data from the old position left in the decoder's buffers after seeking. Here's an update for you to try:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass_aac.dll

Let me know if you still see the problem happening with any files.

nadia

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun '18 - 13:46 »
Hello Ian,  ;D

now it seems to work as expected  ;D ;D
Please, let me know when the x64 version will be available as well :-)

Kind Regards  ;D

nadia

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun '18 - 17:00 »
Good to hear the update sorted the problem. It (BASS_AAC 2.4.5.8) is now available from the BASS webpage.