Author Topic: Weird issue with BASSMIDI 2.4.11.11  (Read 229 times)

KaleidonKep99

Weird issue with BASSMIDI 2.4.11.11
« on: 26 Sep '18 - 20:03 »
Here's the video about the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHRDqxCUy0&feature=youtu.be

I was just testing this release, and this bug happened...

BASSMIDI x86 completely ignores instrument changes, and goes crazy whenever I change a setting in my driver.
BASSMIDI x64 is not affected, and works fine.

Reverting to a previous version of BASSMIDI fixes the issue.

Maybe this issue is related to this one too? -> http://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=18102.0
« Last Edit: 27 Sep '18 - 19:17 by KaleidonKep99 »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Weird issue with BASSMIDI 2.4.11.10
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep '18 - 16:45 »
The 32-bit and 64-bit playbacks in your video sound different to me (even when not stuttering :)). Are you applying different effects in each case, eg. perhaps some VST effects? If so, what happens if you remove all effects in both cases? Please also clarify what the "Enable hyper-playback mode" switch is doing. Also, thinking of your other thread, are you using a MIDIFILTERPROC callback in this case too, and if so, does removing that prevent the problem?

KaleidonKep99

Re: Weird issue with BASSMIDI 2.4.11.11
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep '18 - 19:16 »
The 32-bit and 64-bit playbacks in your video sound different to me (even when not stuttering :)). Are you applying different effects in each case, eg. perhaps some VST effects? If so, what happens if you remove all effects in both cases? Please also clarify what the "Enable hyper-playback mode" switch is doing. Also, thinking of your other thread, are you using a MIDIFILTERPROC callback in this case too, and if so, does removing that prevent the problem?
OmniMIDI doesn't support VSTs, everything (including reverb and chorus) is handled by BASS/BASSMIDI.
All the hyper-playback mode does is remove additional checks for MIDI events, BEFORE they're even sent to BASSMIDI... I don't even know why BASSMIDI x86 reacts so "violently" when it's enabled.
No, MIDIFILTERPROC is only supported when streaming from a MIDI file afaik, all the filtering is done manually by the driver itself, before the events are sent to BASSMIDI.

I still don't understand how BASSMIDI x86 2.4.11.11 affected by this issue, while 2.4.11.10 isn't...

BTW oops I mistyped, it's 2.4.11.11, not .10! ;D ;D

KaleidonKep99

« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep '18 - 22:20 »
Downloading BASSMIDI again from https://www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassmidi.zip got rid of the issue...
I honestly don't know what happened...

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep '18 - 15:08 »
That's strange. Do you still have the old BASSMIDI.DLL, and if so, does the problem return when you swap it back in?

KaleidonKep99

« Reply #5 on: 28 Sep '18 - 16:29 »
That's strange. Do you still have the old BASSMIDI.DLL, and if so, does the problem return when you swap it back in?
No, I replaced the old one without making a backup. :o
But after I replaced it, the problem went away, so it was probably a corrupted DLL.