Author Topic: Please add this support to future release of bass  (Read 435 times)

MIDAPMI

or exist any form for make  the note velocity 0 as full velocity and 127 as silence (second curve)  ::) please please.

on lastest velocity to attenuation support i can not set minus values

example for something similar i can set volume to 100  and set the value to -960 in negative unipolar concave

but if i set any value under 0, BASS take it automatically as 0, also doesn't support positive unipolar concave because is same but minus values.

3220 MSF2+ and 6230 requires this.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct '18 - 18:03 by MIDAPMI »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Please add this support to future release of bass
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct '18 - 17:45 »
On Creative/SoundBlaster hardware, negative "velocity to attenuation" values only make lower velocities louder, ie. velocity 127 is the same as usual and lower velocities go louder than that (up to a limit). BASSMIDI does currently limit it to 0.

Reversing the direction of the "velocity to attenuation" curve seems like a strange thing to do. If you have a soundfont that does that, please upload it to have a look at here:

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Please add this support to future release of bass
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct '18 - 18:01 »
Here's a little update that I think may allow you to achieve what you want:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassmidi.zip

It still only supports the negative unipolar concave curve for the "velocity to attenuation" modulator but it does now allow negative values. So you could try setting the initial attenuation to a high number and then use a negative value for the modulator.