Author Topic: Autoamp volume doesn't seems to work with MIDI files  (Read 460 times)

Firebrand

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with the stuff version of XMPlay when listening to MIDI files with Autoamp volume activated, the Autoamp volume doesn't seems to work properly, I don't see XMPlay reducing the volume at all, even setting the Autoamp setting to Dynamic doesn't seems to work, could it be a problem with the stuff version of XMPlay or the newest MIDI plugin version?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!  ;)

saga

It works just fine here, and from my understanding it shouldn't matter what kind of input plugin handles the file for DSP options to work or not. Can you confirm that really just MIDI files are effected? What happens if you manually set the amplification to, say, +10dB and then enable dynamic amplification?

Firebrand

Re: Autoamp volume doesn't seems to work with MIDI files
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec '18 - 19:30 »
Sorry for the delay of my response, I forgot I reported this problem and have been a bit busy to be able to test back, I did the test you mentioned, the amplification goes down to 0 dB and doesn't moves from there, if I do the same test with another type of audio using the dynamic amplification, I see it moving up and down to less than 0 dB, not sure of what else I could check.