Author Topic: (SOLVED) Same song title always highlighted in playlist, can't get rid of it  (Read 706 times)

Dowlphin

I have a weird issue, no idea how it happened, couldn't figure out a fix.

I noticed one of my hundreds of titles in my playlist is highlighted in white, as if it was the actively selected (which it isn't).

ANY music file I add that begins with the same artist name of that song, regardless of music format even, will become highlighted in white a moment later when the scan is finished. This happens with adding it to an empty playlist, too, not just on loading one.

I assumed some kind of song info tag element accidentally added to a library or such. (I don't use such extended features, but I checked the "library" and it's empty.)

So I deleted xmplay.library and xmplay.library~ and checked to make sure the xmplay.ini isn't containing any song titles, but XMPlay is still doing it and I really have no idea where that artist name is stuck and why it is doing this.
« Last Edit: 12 Jan '19 - 04:01 by Dowlphin »

deus-ex

EDIT: Saga identified the correct cause of the issue (see next post).
« Last Edit: 11 Jan '19 - 05:04 by deus-ex »

saga

This sounds like you made a search and hit the "Apply" button. Just go back to the search window, remove the search term and hit "Apply" again.
The search term is stored in xmplay.ini, but not necessarily in a human-readable way.

Dowlphin

This sounds like you made a search and hit the "Apply" button. Just go back to the search window, remove the search term and hit "Apply" again.
The search term is stored in xmplay.ini, but not necessarily in a human-readable way.

Thank you! That was it. I noticed the search term listed in the status bar on the bottom. (Never paid much attention to it.)
I managed to remove it using CTRL+F. I couldn't find the "search button in the extended playlist", as I found mentioned in a help document. Not sure what the extended playlist is compared to the regular one. I always use the window titled "Playlist Editor" and that doesn't seem to have a search button.

saga

The "extended playlist" is the one that shows up when pressing F5, which should be the one that you use. However, not every skin has every button, so it could be that the skin you are using is missing that specific button.