Author Topic: Cannot not play this AAC stream  (Read 169 times)

sveakul

  • Posts: 63
Cannot not play this AAC stream
« on: 3 Feb '19 - 06:40 »
This stream will not open in XMPlay 3.8.3.12 with xmp-aac.dll (01/09/2018) plugin installed, Windows 7 SP1, but plays fine in two other BASS-based players using the latest bass_aac.dll version 2.4.5.9 (AIMP, MusicBee):

http://sverigesradio.se/topsy/direkt/224-hi-aac.pls

Any ideas?

« Last Edit: 3 Feb '19 - 06:48 by sveakul »

saga

  • Posts: 2291
Re: Cannot not play this AAC stream
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb '19 - 11:16 »
Works here in XMPlay 3.8.3.15, Windows 7, no AAC plugin installed (i.e. using OS codec).

sveakul

  • Posts: 63
Re: Cannot not play this AAC stream
« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb '19 - 19:07 »
Thanks saga.  I renamed xmp-aac.dll to trigger the Windows 7 codec and still nothing, though other AAC streams played fine (as they did with xmp-aac.dll installed).  What I found out is that for some reason XMPlay was not sorting the *.pls extension of the original URL;  if I entered the direct address, which is http://http-live.sr.se/srsapmi-aac-192 , it plays the stream just fine.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?

deus-ex

  • Posts: 276
Re: Cannot not play this AAC stream
« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb '19 - 14:26 »
Same here like saga, except I'm on Windows 10.

Copy XMPlay.exe into a new folder, then try playing the stream with the standalone copy of XMPlay to see if that works.

sveakul

  • Posts: 63
Re: Cannot not play this AAC stream
« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb '19 - 19:24 »
Thanks deus-ex.  I found what was happening;  when the original *.pls link is added via the normal "Open URL" method, XMPlay will correctly parse it to the http://http-live.sr.se/srsapmi-aac-192 address and play, saving that address in the track info.  However, what I had done originally was then re-open that track in Track Info, and deleted the address, replacing it within the dialog with the *pls address and hitting "Apply"--and in that case, the added *pls will not re-parse.

I had been browsing a Sveriges Radio page with their URLs, and when I noticed the one there was different than what I used previously, manually inserted it into the pre-existing playlist entry track info.

Thanks to both for the replies, I hate "mysteries"  ::)