Author Topic: Track title on flac online radio  (Read 362 times)

Gorgar

Track title on flac online radio
« on: 5 Feb '19 - 11:41 »
Hi There,
Sorry for my bad english(

How i can get track title on flac online radiostations?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Track title on flac online radio
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb '19 - 13:57 »
FLAC streams are in an Ogg container, so you can handle them the same way as Ogg Vorbis streams, eg. using BASS_TAG_OGG with BASS_ChannelGetTags to get the metadata, and setting a BASS_SYNC_OGG_CHANGE sync via BASS_ChannelSetSync for notification of possible changes. A demonstration of doing that can be found in the NETRADIO example that's included in the BASS package.

sveakul

« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb '19 - 19:01 »
How i can get track title on flac online radiostations?

I think most of the time the absence is due to the station just not sending that metadata.  The only FLAC station I have seen that does send title/track info is Riverside Radio (https://stream.and-stuff.nl:8443/live-riverside-flac), which displays correctly in XMPlay and other BASS-based players.

Gorgar

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb '19 - 19:46 »
FLAC streams are in an Ogg container, so you can handle them the same way as Ogg Vorbis streams, eg. using BASS_TAG_OGG with BASS_ChannelGetTags to get the metadata, and setting a BASS_SYNC_OGG_CHANGE sync via BASS_ChannelSetSync for notification of possible changes. A demonstration of doing that can be found in the NETRADIO example that's included in the BASS package.
Thanks for the answer!
I tried this, but only get 'METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE'. How to get the name of the track? I use Delphi.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb '19 - 12:21 »
If present in the stream, the track name should be in the BASS_TAG_OGG tags. If it isn't, are you sure the stream actually includes that information? Perhaps you can post the stream's URL to have a look at?

Gorgar

« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb '19 - 18:48 »
The name of the track in the stream is present, xmplay displays it. Stream URL: http://listen.ai-radio.org:8000/44.flac

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb '19 - 14:04 »
That streams does have BASS_TAG_OGG tags available. You can test it with the pre-compiled NETRADIO.EXE example in the BASS package (C\BIN folder) after copying BASSFLAC.DLL into the same folder.