Author Topic: MP3 Silence Detection insert between player exe and Bass Library  (Read 435 times)

djdynamix

Hi

Strange request here. Please can anyone help?

I have a proprietary "karaoke show hoster" application running in Windows 7. The database/player GUI was written in Pascal and plays out to the Bass Player library. It is pretty much abandoned, and the original programmer has little/no interest in adding features to it. I have no access to the original source code.

I want to add Silence Detection to skip leading silences on MP3/CDG pairs (probably just the MP3, as the CDG should track it and cue to the correct time automatically). I know that this is possible, as I know another programmer who has done it using a wrapper on the GUI exe. Sadly, I do not have a copy of his wrapper, and I've lost touch with him so I can't ask how he did it. I think his code was written in C++.

I suspect that I could achieve something similar with an inserted plugin between the player app and the library, without the complexity of a wrapper, but I don't know where to start.

I have experience with C# and VB.NET, but not C++ or Pascal.

Can anyone tell me how I can do it? Please note that if it is necessary for me to use C++ or Pascal to do it, I'm pretty much going to need the code "ready to copy/paste", and I apologise for that. If it can be done in C# then all the better, as I'll need much less help and be able to dig in and get my hands dirty!

Thanks

djdynamix

Can no one give me any clues on how to do this? Pleeeeeeeease???

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Unfortunately, that doesn't sound like a simple copy/paste job. You would need to know what the app is doing and patch the relevant piece of code. I think your best bet is to try finding the existing patch/wrapper that you mention. If it was on an old website, you could check archive.org.