Author Topic: Stuff updater MIDI plugin at old version 15  (Read 595 times)

redneonglow

Stuff updater MIDI plugin at old version 15
« on: 15 Apr '19 - 19:23 »
Hi,

When xmp-midi version 16 was released in November, it was never updated with the Stuff Updater. Every time you run Stuff Updater to install new unstable versions of XMPlay and its plugins, it repeatedly installs version 15 and the program offers 16 as an update.

This has been going on since November but I haven't gotten around to reporting the bug until now.

Thank you!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Stuff updater MIDI plugin at old version 15
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr '19 - 14:50 »
The official list of "stuff" updates can be found in the "Latest stuff" section at the bottom of the XMPlay webpage. There isn't currently a BASSMIDI update available, but I see there is an old one on the server still, so I guess the Stuff Updater must be seeing that. That old update has been removed now.

redneonglow

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr '19 - 04:18 »
The official list of "stuff" updates can be found in the "Latest stuff" section at the bottom of the XMPlay webpage. There isn't currently a BASSMIDI update available, but I see there is an old one on the server still, so I guess the Stuff Updater must be seeing that. That old update has been removed now.

xmp-midi plugin for XMPlay, not BASSMIDI.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr '19 - 12:38 »
Oops, I meant to write XMP-MIDI there (not BASSMIDI). Are you still having the problem?

redneonglow

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr '19 - 21:15 »
Yes, Updater.exe still updates to xmp-midi v15, not the v16 available on un4seen.com.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr '19 - 13:53 »
That's strange. I'm not sure where the updater is getting that from then as there is no "stuff" version of XMP-MIDI.DLL on the un4seen.com server currently. Perhaps it's receiving a cached version? You could try clearing the Temporary Internet Files cache in Windows.

redneonglow

« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr '19 - 16:37 »
That's strange. I'm not sure where the updater is getting that from then as there is no "stuff" version of XMP-MIDI.DLL on the un4seen.com server currently. Perhaps it's receiving a cached version? You could try clearing the Temporary Internet Files cache in Windows.

I cleared the Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files and it no longer downloads 15 from the server.
I don't use Internet Explorer and rarely use Edge, why would that matter?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 18 Apr '19 - 17:11 »
Stuff Updater is probably using WinInet to download the "stuff" versions. That will by default fetch and store files in the Temporary Internet Files cache.

Another way you can receive "stuff" updates is to add an "UpdateStuff=1" line in your XMPLAY.INI file (under "[XMPlay]"). "stuff" versions will then be included in the usual daily/weekly update checks.

redneonglow

« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr '19 - 19:30 »
Stuff Updater is probably using WinInet to download the "stuff" versions. That will by default fetch and store files in the Temporary Internet Files cache.

Another way you can receive "stuff" updates is to add an "UpdateStuff=1" line in your XMPLAY.INI file (under "[XMPlay]"). "stuff" versions will then be included in the usual daily/weekly update checks.

That's what I do, and it's very helpful, since the Stuff versions are better with 3840x2160 resolution monitors.
Are there any plans to release these as stable versions?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr '19 - 12:55 »
The "stuff" versions do eventually become official releases. In the case of XMPlay itself, that usually happens just before Christmas, once the list of new stuff gets long enough. There haven't been very many changes since the 3.8.3 release. The only big change so far is the "Big" skin option that it looks like you're referring to. Still, it's been a while, so there probably will be a release sometime this year regardless. In the meantime, the "stuff" versions are "release" builds (ie. they don't include debug stuff), so you can continue to use that.