Author Topic: BASS_Mixer_ChannelPause not in macOS?  (Read 263 times)

BaseHead

BASS_Mixer_ChannelPause not in macOS?
« on: 6 Jun '19 - 04:49 »
Hey Ian and crew!
I kind of need the BASS_Mixer_ChannelPause function that we use with BASS with .NET on Windows but not seeing it in the .h header for macOS
is it one of those type things you need to add manually it or is it just not possible in the macOS version?
I'm porting our ReWire addon over and without this it I can't easily pause and resume the ReWire stream

thx in advance!

Steve

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: BASS_Mixer_ChannelPause not in macOS?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun '19 - 12:17 »
BASSmix doesn't actually have a BASS_Mixer_ChannelPause function on any platform but BASS.Net provides one for convenience. It sets the BASS_MIXER_PAUSE flag on the source via BASS_Mixer_ChannelFlags, like this:

Code: [Select]
BASS_Mixer_ChannelFlags(source, BASS_MIXER_PAUSE, BASS_MIXER_PAUSE); // set BASS_MIXER_PAUSE flag

To resume, you remove the flag like this:

Code: [Select]
BASS_Mixer_ChannelFlags(source, 0, BASS_MIXER_PAUSE); // unset BASS_MIXER_PAUSE flag

BaseHead

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun '19 - 22:53 »
Hey!
but aren't these just flags to set and need to still call a function after?
I tried the above and it doesn't pause my mixer and every function I can think to put after that doesn't stop also it beside BASS_ChannelStop(_mixer) which is bad cuz it won't resume as you know of course.  ;-)

s.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jun '19 - 11:16 »
Oh, do you want to pause the mixer itself rather than a source in the mixer? In that case, you should call BASS_ChannelPause on the mixer. The BASS_Mixer_ChannelXXX functions apply to mixer sources only.