Author Topic: How to get device mute status  (Read 185 times)

riku

How to get device mute status
« on: 16 Aug '19 - 13:04 »
Hello.

I want to get the mute status of the output device, is there any way?
"BASS_GetVolume" seems to get the output volume even when muted. If I have any other method, please let me know.

Best regards.
« Last Edit: 17 Aug '19 - 07:48 by riku »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: How to get device mute status
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug '19 - 14:30 »
BASS itself doesn't currently provide access to the device's muted state, but that is accessible with the BASSWASAPI add-on, ie. the BASS_WASAPI_GetMute function. Note that BASS and BASSWASAPI have their own device lists. You can locate the corresponding devices by matching the BASS_DEVICEINFO "driver" member with the BASS_WASAPI_DEVICEINFO "id" member.

riku

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug '19 - 07:33 »
Hello.

Thank you for the advice.
I think Wasapi only works on Windows Vista or later. Is there a way to get mute status on WindowsXP?
Is it possible to add a function to directly acquire the mute status from BASS in the future?

Best regards.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug '19 - 12:56 »
No, I'm afraid there isn't currently any simple way to get the muted state on Windows XP and older. While BASS can access the volume level control through DirectSound (which it's also using for playback), I think the only way to access a mute control is through the Win32 mixer functions (mixerOpen/etc). It's unlikely that support for that will appear in a future BASS version.

riku

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug '19 - 12:47 »
Hello.

I understand.
Thank you very much.

Best regards.