Author Topic: fullscreen  (Read 5453 times)

alex

fullscreen
« on: 9 Dec '03 - 01:08 »
ive looked around the forums but havent found a way to run visualisations full screen.
am i missing something or is this an option to expect in later versions?

i am not adverse to waiting for something good : )

also, some of the visualisations cause the audio to skip. but i am assuming this is a buffer setting that needs to be changed.

well impressed with the audio quality it gets though (im using LAME 3.92)

alex

Pike84

Re:fullscreen
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec '03 - 01:47 »
There's no single button for fullscreen, but you can always stretch the window manually. Remember though, that many visualizations can make even a powerful computer to cough when full or near full screen, if the rendering isn't restricted - some even crash the player (not XMP's fault). Ask Ian if he'd like to add a button for full screen ;).

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec '03 - 03:20 »
also, some of the visualisations cause the audio to skip. but i am assuming this is a buffer setting that needs to be changed.

The sonique visual system does'nt you any 3d acceleration (or hardware acceleration? one of those anyways). So any CPU will eventually clunk down at high res's. You can however set the resolution of the visuals window instead. Assuming you set it low enough you won't get anymore skips.

Alec Soroudi

« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec '04 - 05:25 »
  Wait, doesn't Sonique allow you to run the vis fullscreen?  Doesn't Winamp allow you to run the vis fullscreen?  Doesn't WMP allow you to run the vis fullscreen?  Hmmm...  It sure would be nice if XMPlay could allow you to run the vis fullscreen.

Synetech

Re: fullscreen
« Reply #4 on: 5 Jun '05 - 01:50 »
That's right, Sonique can do full-screen vis and of course Winamp and WMP can as well.

Honestly, all I really want is CoR's Spec-n-Hopp to run full screen.   ;D

magisterofmayhem

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jun '05 - 17:01 »
There's no single button for fullscreen, but you can always stretch the window manually. Remember though, that many visualizations can make even a powerful computer to cough when full or near full screen, if the rendering isn't restricted - some even crash the player (not XMP's fault). Ask Ian if he'd like to add a button for full screen ;).

i'm not sure if this is the case with every existing program, or even ANY existing program, but i'm kind of under the impression that running a visualization plugin fullscreen in many programs just runs the visualization at a (possibly very) low resolution, stretched to fit the entire screen. i have the absolute slowest computer in the entire world, and i can use a 320x240 visualization window in xmplay fine, and fullscreen would (theoretically) only make it easier because no other graphics would need to be processed at the same time.

Synetech

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jun '05 - 03:09 »
i'm not sure if this is the case with every existing program, or even ANY existing program, but i'm kind of under the impression that running a visualization plugin fullscreen in many programs just runs the visualization at a (possibly very) low resolution, stretched to fit the entire screen. i have the absolute slowest computer in the entire world, and i can use a 320x240 visualization window in xmplay fine, and fullscreen would (theoretically) only make it easier because no other graphics would need to be processed at the same time.

Actually going full-screen allows full accelleration to be used.

Pike84

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jun '05 - 11:14 »

Well, it's generally practical to have the resolution of the visualizations be low, so that most people won't have problems with them - XMPlay lets you choose, though :).

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #8 on: 7 Jun '05 - 14:00 »
Have to be careful though, alot of visuals dislike being pushed into higher resolutions (Kaboom!).

magisterofmayhem

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jun '05 - 00:09 »
Well, it's generally practical to have the resolution of the visualizations be low, so that most people won't have problems with them - XMPlay lets you choose, though :).

actually, i have no idea how the visualizations in xmplay work. i was just making some random comments about how i thought full-screen visualization worked. i've never really messed with the visualization that much other than just looking at the built-in spectrum one. my computer is way too old and slow to play music and show me what it sounds like, hehe.

one funny thing about my old computer, though. i just found the resolution setting, and i restricted it... and all it seemed to do was slow down my whole computer and make things run more choppily. i guess the restricting is too much work for my processor, or something.

hawkeyefile

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul '05 - 22:49 »
why even need a vis? why not just play the music wich is what the program was intended for.