Author Topic: Bug in BASS  (Read 3613 times)

fmcoder

Bug in BASS
« on: 7 Jan '04 - 21:28 »
I found <subj>.  

Speaker assignment flags doesnt work when BASS_RecordStart is called.
When I comment out this line (only this!) all works OK. What is it?  ???

** sorry, i'm russian... my english isnt very good as you can see :)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re:Bug in BASS
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan '04 - 14:21 »
There's no problem with that here... what soundcard/drivers/Windows/DirectX are you using? Try updating the drivers.

Also, when you say "doesnt work", do you mean the StreamCreate call fails? (what's the error code?) Or you just don't hear the sound out of the correct speakers?

fmcoder

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan '04 - 19:44 »
No, streamcreate (BASS_StreamcreateFile) return no error. But I hear sound from all speakers (2 rear and 2 front) when I use BASS_SPEAKER_FRONT flag.
My soundcard is cmedia cmi8738 - is's very cheap, i buy it for testing only :) maybe its the problem?

My program work like this

BASS_Init(...);
BASS_RecordInit(0);
RecChan:=Bass_RecordStart(44100, 0, nil, 0);
BASS_StreamCreateFile(...., BASS_SPEAKER_FRONT);
BASS_StreamPlay(...);

all works ok if i comment out 3-rd line - it sounds only from front speakers; but if not, i cannot even exit my program (Access Violation at $00000000 read of address $00000000) and speaker assignment doesn't work.

I dont understand, how recording may have influence on speaker assignment???

fmcoder

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan '04 - 19:47 »
sorry, forget to say about my system:
Windows XP sp1 + some updates
DirectX 9 (4.09.0000.0900)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan '04 - 23:40 »
Did you check for updated drivers?

Testing a CMI8738 based card here (Hercules Muse 5.1 DVD) ... while recording, the front channels stayed on the front speakers, and the rear channels stayed on the rear speakers. But it did cause the centre/LFE channels to be played on the front and rear speakers. I don't know if that's a driver or hardware limitation (as you say, it's cheap :)).

Everything's fine on Envy24 based cards - can play with 7.1 speakers and record at the same time.
« Last Edit: 8 Jan '04 - 23:41 by Ian @ un4seen »

Ryan

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jan '04 - 04:04 »
Oh, I problem I may have know of!

If I am thinking correctly, that card only has so many jacks on it, so you can have 3 of the jacks for front, rear, and center/sub, or you can use the same jacks for recording. Possibly when you start recording the driver acts screwy because its already playing through the jack it may have used for recording.....

Anyway hope that helps,
Ryan

fmcoder

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jan '04 - 12:23 »
Thank you all, the problem was in driver. New version solved my problem.