Author Topic: MP3 encoding and ID3 tags  (Read 3273 times)

quark

MP3 encoding and ID3 tags
« on: 9 Jul '04 - 13:38 »
I'm planning to do a lot of MP3 encoding with XMPlay, to get all my old and lovely .mod, .s3m, .xm and .it tunes onto my iPod. XMPlay does this just fine, but I would like it to be able to set the title of the tune in the encoded MP3 file!

In LAME, this can be done with the option '--tt <title>', but I don't know if there is any parameter I can use for the title. '%o' is the name of the file, but I can't find any parameter that resolves to the tune's title. As XMPlay knows this title already, can't it make it available as a command line parameter to the encoder? If this parameter already exist, what is it?

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
Re:MP3 encoding and ID3 tags
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul '04 - 14:28 »
It's not possible at the moment, I think the encoder could do with being expanded alot, like your example.

As it stands it'd only be done by just to encoding them all then afterwards use some kind of mass-tagger to just copy the filename to the title tag.

Dotpitch

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jul '04 - 16:38 »
i named this program before ;)
http://www.mp3tag.de
you can filter the title and artist name out of the filename :D

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul '04 - 16:46 »
In LAME, this can be done with the option '--tt <title>', but I don't know if there is any parameter I can use for the title. '%o' is the name of the file, but I can't find any parameter that resolves to the tune's title. As XMPlay knows this title already, can't it make it available as a command line parameter to the encoder? If this parameter already exist, what is it?

As mentioned above, it's not currently possible, but it's a nice idea... it'll be in 3.1 ;)

quark

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul '04 - 14:13 »
Okay, cool. Looking forward to 3.1, then. :)