Author Topic: a few newb questions  (Read 7225 times)

a-guest

a few newb questions
« on: 24 Oct '04 - 11:43 »
the popup that appears when a new song starts in a playlist, while xm is minimized to the systray.  also, the window stays ontop when  using the compacted view, whether you've got 'always on top' checked or not.  is there another setting for it that i don't know about?

also, it is small and loads pretty fast, but does it use less memory than the 2x series of winamp?

a-guest

Re:a few newb questions
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct '04 - 11:45 »
oops!
I meant to ask, is it possible to disable the popup that appears when a new song starts in a playlist, while xm is minimized to the systray?

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct '04 - 12:39 »
the popup that appears when a new song starts in a playlist, while xm is minimized to the systray.  also, the window stays ontop when  using the compacted view, whether you've got 'always on top' checked or not.  is there another setting for it that i don't know about?
You can disable the popups with the XMPlaySecret utility here: XMPlay Secret

There is no way to change the always-on-top behaviour at this time tho.

also, it is small and loads pretty fast, but does it use less memory than the 2x series of winamp?
Should be either basically the same or less.

Torkell

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct '04 - 13:59 »
Note that if XMPlaySecret crashes (there's a know bug which is being worked on and will be fixed in the next version), then you can disable the popups manually by editing the registry as described in this thread.

Dotpitch

« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct '04 - 20:29 »
also, the window stays ontop when  using the compacted view, whether you've got 'always on top' checked or not.  is there another setting for it that i don't know about?

the "always on top"-function is only for the normal player window, while the minimized window is always on top. as KD said, there's no way of changing that (yet).

a-guest

« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct '04 - 01:17 »
thanks for the replies!
now, one last thing (i think..) - is there a way to keep the playlist from showing the track numbers? (001, 002, 003 etc)

Pike84

« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct '04 - 02:28 »
No, I don't think there is. I guess you're the first one to ask too.

Tsorovan

« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct '04 - 03:51 »
First one to ask, but not first one to recommend making it optional :)

a-guest

« Reply #8 on: 25 Oct '04 - 03:59 »
dockable windows would be nice too ;)