Author Topic: 3.8 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 178336 times)

saga

Re: 3.8 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #625 on: 4 Jan '19 - 22:41 »
Given that there are now at least two input plugins for XMPlay (based on libxmp and libopenmpt respectively) that support S3M files with both samples and FM instruments, would it be feasible to automatically use one of those plugins rather than the internal S3M decoder if any AdLib instruments (sample type = 2) are found an S3M file and one of the two plugins is installed? I know this issue could also be partially solved with priority file types (and making up a file extension such as AS3M as found on ModLand), but for that you first have to know that a file uses FM instruments before you can rename it.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #626 on: 7 Jan '19 - 15:38 »
Here's an update that adds a "Don't use built-in decoder on Adlib S3M files" option (so that a plugin can handle them instead) to the MOD options page:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

saga

« Reply #627 on: 7 Jan '19 - 21:45 »
Thanks, works as advertised - and apparently the xmp-libxmp plugin doesn't actually have AdLib support enabled... I remember there are plans to remove OPL support from a future libxmp version but I guess currently it's just a matter of properly configuring the library.
« Last Edit: 7 Jan '19 - 22:10 by saga »

bauxite69

« Reply #628 on: 8 Jan '19 - 04:18 »
Thanks, works as advertised - and apparently the xmp-libxmp plugin doesn't actually have AdLib support enabled... I remember there are plans to remove OPL support from a future libxmp version but I guess currently it's just a matter of properly configuring the library.

Claudio Matsuoka removed synth chip and Adlib emulation support from libxmp since version 4.4.0

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xmp/files/libxmp/4.4.0/Changelog/view

saga

« Reply #629 on: 8 Jan '19 - 19:32 »
Right, then I guess the source for AdLib-only format is still there but just not being linked...

bauxite69

« Reply #630 on: 8 Jan '19 - 20:43 »
Right, then I guess the source for AdLib-only format is still there but just not being linked...

Would you like to use it ?
I could add an option to toggle support for AdLib-only format ? BUT it doesn't sound very good  :-[

saga

« Reply #631 on: 8 Jan '19 - 21:23 »
Would you like to use it ?
No thank you, I have my own plugin ;D (and I use AdPlug for the stuff OpenMPT doesn't cover) - But if it can still be enabled without too much effort, I'd say add a toggle for it, the more plugins, the merrier! I'm sure someone can make use of it.