Author Topic: mo3 delete messages inside songs (fix plz)!  (Read 12660 times)

Kmuland

mo3 delete messages inside songs (fix plz)!
« on: 25 Feb '05 - 13:02 »
Hi Ian :)

I cannot read the messages
inside the songs with mo3...  neither unpacking mo3 to original format (data loss).

Could be posible fix that?

Best regards ;-)

Torkell

Re: mo3 delete messages inside songs (fix plz)!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb '05 - 14:01 »
There is an option in mo3 to strip the various comments and messages to save space. I can't remember if this is on by default or not, but I think there was abug with it at one point - if you've got an old version then try the current one and see if that fixes it.

Kmuland

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb '05 - 14:38 »
Hey yes.. :-) it works with 1.8 mo3 version!!!....

Only problem now is that message not appears when you play the mo3 on xmplay... you have to unpack mo3 for read message ;)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb '05 - 11:39 »
Is that with the latest XMPlay? If so, please upload an example (source and MO3 files) to have a look at...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Zarggg

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar '05 - 23:14 »
I think I some some part of it narrowed down...

So far, all ScreamTracker 3 files I've tried to process always lose the instrument/message data. All Impulse Tracker files are processed perfectly.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar '05 - 17:15 »
I tried a few S3M files with the latest version, and the sample text seemed to be preserved ok, but as far as I'm aware, message text is not possible in S3M files? If you have some, please upload :)

If you like, I can send the latest version to try there.

raina

« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar '05 - 16:19 »
as far as I'm aware, message text is not possible in S3M files?

In ST3 you can view sample data as text (don't remember the key combo) which looks a lot like IT's message editor. So, if you just load a text file in a sample slot, you have message text in an .S3M. And you can have as many as there are sample slots! :) If you have Purple Motion's modules, atleast zak.s3m has the legendary money.txt file with an evil pyramid scheme in sample slot #31.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar '05 - 09:43 »
Sneaky :)

They shouldn't be a problem, so long as you use the "lossless" encoder on them, and also tell the MO3 encoder to not remove them (which it will do by default for samples that aren't used).

Zarggg

« Reply #8 on: 20 Mar '05 - 20:04 »
I tried a few S3M files with the latest version, and the sample text seemed to be preserved ok, but as far as I'm aware, message text is not possible in S3M files? If you have some, please upload :)

If you like, I can send the latest version to try there.

Please do.

I've uploaded zargggs-mo3-dillema.zip to /incoming/. The archive contains three files:
  • Mech8.umx - The original ScreamTracker 3 file (as reported by XMPlay; the file is part of the Unreal music package)
  • Mech8.mo3 - Pretty self-explanatory
  • Mech8-lossless.mo3 - A lossless-compression-only version of the previous file for comparative purposes (you probably won't need this, but figured I'd include it just in case)

Zarggg

« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar '05 - 00:03 »
Error on new program: "This application has failed to stat because MSVCRTD.dll was not found."

Is this a reboot issue, or is something else going on?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 22 Mar '05 - 13:44 »
No, it just means I forgot to switch the runtime library to non-debug :)

I'll resend.

Zarggg

« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar '05 - 02:58 »
And after I went through all that trouble to download the proper libraries. ;D

Anyway, I tested it out, and it retains the sample/instrument text just fine, but the files don't produce sound in XMPlay now. ::)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 23 Mar '05 - 13:42 »
The latest encoder has some little optimizations to further reduce the size of MO3'd S3M/MOD/MTM files, which aren't backward compatible. I'll probably add a switch to disable that. But if you download the latest XMPlay, you should be able to play them fine.