Author Topic: request bigger search window  (Read 2975 times)

Steffo

request bigger search window
« on: 26 May '05 - 13:01 »
Hello thank's for an excelent player  :)

My little request is bigger and wider search window for easier handling of finding music in the playlist.

Thanks again to the dev team  ;)

cdysthe

Re: request bigger search window
« Reply #1 on: 26 May '05 - 15:08 »
Hello thank's for an excelent player  :)

My little request is bigger and wider search window for easier handling of finding music in the playlist.

Thanks again to the dev team  ;)

Second that. I would even like to see the search window skinned like the Extended Playlist/ Library is. :)

//Christian

samplah!

« Reply #2 on: 26 May '05 - 17:52 »
Would be good to have that window a bit bigger yes. The skinning thing is not important for me. Skinning and adding some features make an app more slow and resources eater. I love XMPlay cos it is really small and fast and complete. :D

Relating this feature suggestion i have another. Using cursor keys to easily and fastly move between search results and press a key (space for example) to play it.

cdysthe

« Reply #3 on: 26 May '05 - 18:28 »
The skinning thing is not important for me. Skinning and adding some features make an app more slow and resources eater. I love XMPlay cos it is really small and fast and complete. :D

I am not sure adding skinning (which is already built in to XMPlay) to another window (like a search window) will add much to the code. I am not a developer, so I am not sure about this though.

Even better would be having a search field directly in the Library window which limits the visible library entries to the the ones matching the search (showing all entries with an empty search field). That would make sense to me and save having to open another window for search :)

//Christian

Jace

« Reply #4 on: 26 May '05 - 19:40 »
I think addition to the code isn't the biggest stopping  factor there.. Who would update all of the existing skins with the graphics?

And if the fabled Options and Stuff-window re-design is coming up soon, they'd have to be updated to whatever it will be next. ;D

Though re-designing it might also fix the problem. Make the whole O&S window stretchable perhaps?

Tsorovan

« Reply #5 on: 27 May '05 - 03:50 »
And if the fabled Options and Stuff-window re-design is coming up soon, they'd have to be updated to whatever it will be next. ;D
Hope not. I'd say one of the biggest reasons for redesigning the dialog, is to make the search window a separate dialog, a la Winamp's Jump to Track thingamabob. SKINNING the Options and Stuff thing would be insanely stupid. We got rid of that crap for a reason.

Keeping the search amongst the settings stuff is not only nonsensical, it's, let's see if I can come up with a suitable euphemism... disadvantageous.
« Last Edit: 27 May '05 - 03:57 by Tsorovan »

Brian

« Reply #6 on: 27 May '05 - 09:19 »
Suboptimal?