Author Topic: ! Bugs/Problems (3.2.0.6)  (Read 56908 times)

Tsorovan

Re: ! Bugs/Problems (3.2.0.6)
« Reply #50 on: 12 Jul '05 - 23:26 »
Hey it works. Thanks, Ian. I could never have figured that formatting out meself.

Josh

« Reply #51 on: 15 Jul '05 - 15:09 »
If you have one instance of XMPlay open the global shortcuts work fine. When you open another instance of XMPlay the global shortcuts work for the first instance but not the second. When you close the first instance global shortcuts don't work for the second instance.
I realize that you probably couldn't have both instances listen for the global shortcuts, but it would be nice for the second instance to use the global shortcuts when the previous instance closes.

Synetech

« Reply #52 on: 16 Jul '05 - 04:51 »
If you have one instance of XMPlay open the global shortcuts work fine. When you open another instance of XMPlay the global shortcuts work for the first instance but not the second. When you close the first instance global shortcuts don't work for the second instance.
I realize that you probably couldn't have both instances listen for the global shortcuts, but it would be nice for the second instance to use the global shortcuts when the previous instance closes.

I'm very familiar with this.  Several times I have accidentally launched multiple instances and become worried when my hotkeys suddenly didn't work.

It happens because when the second instance tries to register the hotkeys they fail because they have already been registered by the first instance.  It does not try again so when the first instance closes, the second instance is still not using the hotkeys.

I suppose if there where some sort of shared memory or flag or something, the first instance could broadcast to other instances that it's quitting and one of the other instances could then try to register the hotkeys again; of course if there's several instances still open then it will probably be a crap shoot which one ends up getting which hotkeys since the calls take time, one instance might get some, another might get some others and so on.

Plus, it would be a waste of time/resources to have all isntances broadcast that they are quitting; what if the second quit first? there's no point in telling the first instance.  What if one of the instances that got only a couple of hotkeys quits?  I guess that might be good so that another instance that has almost all of the hotkeys could get the rest but again depending on a few factors, it's unpredictable.

I don't think much would/could/should be done for this because there aren't really any ideal solutions.  :-\

magisterofmayhem

« Reply #53 on: 17 Jul '05 - 22:14 »
just thought i'd post a little "bug" report in this topic...

it might just be my sound card or something, but regardless this seems like a bug. when changing the volume slider in xmplay, the response is instant, with no problems. if i lower the slider to 0, however, and then raise it back up, it will take the length of my output buffer before the sound comes back on at all.

this seems like it might very well be totally a problem with my sound card only, but it also seems like there's a slight chance of there being some sort of workaround for it.

also, it seems like when the volume comes back on after being at 0 it's very very loud for a split second and then it immediately drops down to the correct volume. again, possibly just my sound card at fault, but.. it seems to me as if whatever method is being used for setting the volume to 0 might have better alternatives or something. ah well, who knows.

thanks in advance for any help or for fixing this or for whatever!

Synetech

« Reply #54 on: 17 Jul '05 - 23:25 »
magisterofmayhem, it sounds like it could be a lag due to displaying the little popup bubble that shows the current volume.  I find that certain programs/windows cause the info bubble to draw slower than normal and this results in lags in changing volume or seeking.  Closing the window then allows the bubble to draw normall and there is no more lag.

Is the info bubble updated normally for you or is it slow?

DoomRater

« Reply #55 on: 22 Jul '05 - 20:48 »

On a related issue, I can't seem to get the minus key on my keypad to trigger anything globally.  I posted about it here... I'm hoping something could be done about it?

Roj

« Reply #56 on: 23 Jul '05 - 02:57 »
Got a weird one here.

On occasion, I get items displayed in the playlist with confused tag info.  As an example, I'll load a bunch of files, all properly tagged (I strip all tags and recreate my own with mp3Tag).  All of the files will display correctly except one (the one is generally within the first ten files and random), which will display the actual file name.  This doesn't happen every time either, although when it does, the only way to get rid of it is to delete the default .pls file and have XMPlay recreate a new one the next time it starts.  I've seen it with mp3s, flacs and apes (which are the only file types I play).

The behavior has persisted through all the various new versions.

Que???

Synetech

« Reply #57 on: 23 Jul '05 - 06:28 »
On a related issue, I can't seem to get the minus key on my keypad to trigger anything globally.  I posted about it here... I'm hoping something could be done about it?

I'm afraid it works just fine on my system.  Perhaps you have another program that registers that particular key?

Unfortunately there are no—nor can there ever currently be—any programs that will display all of you global hotkeys and what programs they are registered to (especially if they are not currently running), so you're on your own if trying to figure out who's registered it.

Try quitting everything you can (I mean everything; use taskmgr.exe, services.msc, etc.) then run XMP and try it.

Synetech

« Reply #58 on: 23 Jul '05 - 06:31 »
Got a weird one here.

On occasion, I get items displayed in the playlist with confused tag info... 

You got a screenshot or something?  I'm not clear on

Roj

« Reply #59 on: 23 Jul '05 - 13:45 »
Got a weird one here.

On occasion, I get items displayed in the playlist with confused tag info... 

You got a screenshot or something?  I'm not clear on
The next time it happens, I will.  This one is unfortunately one of those bugs that isn't reproducible at will - the worst kind. :(

Synetech

« Reply #60 on: 23 Jul '05 - 17:06 »
The next time it happens, I will.  This one is unfortunately one of those bugs that isn't reproducible at will - the worst kind. :(

I know, intermittent bugs are horrible!  :-\

Synetech

« Reply #61 on: 23 Jul '05 - 17:59 »
NEW BUG

This may not be a bug at all, in which case I'll move this to the requests thread.

Setting the vis rendering restriction doesn't just restrict the rending resolution, it also restricts the physical size of the vis window.

For example:

1) enable vis rendering restriction to say, 100x100
2) display the vis window
3) resize the vis window to 500x500 (the window changes size but the resolution stays at 100x100 scaled up to 500x500)

so far so good

4) hide/close the vis window
5) display the vis window -> the vis window is now 100x100 instead of 500x500

Now go back to step 3 and size the window to 50x50 and repeat to the end, you'll see that the vis window remains at 50x50.

This only comes into play when you size the vis window to BIGGER than the rendering resolution.

Like I said, this may not be a bug, or it may just be a limitation, either way, it would be nice if we could get the window to stay at the size we set and have the rendering at the resolution we set regardless of the relationship between the two.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul '05 - 22:42 by Synetech »

magisterofmayhem

« Reply #62 on: 23 Jul '05 - 20:40 »
magisterofmayhem, it sounds like it could be a lag due to displaying the little popup bubble that shows the current volume.  I find that certain programs/windows cause the info bubble to draw slower than normal and this results in lags in changing volume or seeking.  Closing the window then allows the bubble to draw normall and there is no more lag.

Is the info bubble updated normally for you or is it slow?

the info bubble is updated normally for me. it's always in the right spot and showing the right volume number. i'm not sure if i made it clear, but there's no lag with the volume NORMALLY or with the seeking whatsoever, it's only when dropping the volume to 0 that it takes a while to unmute. i'll move the volume slider from 0 to 10, the volume popup will instantly say 10, but it will take 1 second before i hear anything. if my sound card buffer is set to 2 seconds, i'll hear sound 2 seconds later. however if going from a volume of, say, 5 to a volume of 100, the response is instant.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: 24 Jul '05 - 15:37 »
Like I said, this may not be a bug, or it may just be a limitation, either way, it would be nice if we could get the window to stay at the size we set and have the rendering at the resolution we set regardless of the relationship between the two.

It's more of a limitation than a bug. XMPlay retains the info window dimensions and the vis rendering dimensions - it doesn't also keep a "vis window dimensions" (which would be identical to "vis rendering dimensions" when not restricted). When switching to the vis window with auto-resize enabled, it'll resize to the vis rendering dimensions, which will be restricted if so chosen.

i'm not sure if i made it clear, but there's no lag with the volume NORMALLY or with the seeking whatsoever, it's only when dropping the volume to 0 that it takes a while to unmute. i'll move the volume slider from 0 to 10, the volume popup will instantly say 10, but it will take 1 second before i hear anything. if my sound card buffer is set to 2 seconds, i'll hear sound 2 seconds later. however if going from a volume of, say, 5 to a volume of 100, the response is instant.

This is because volume changes are applied directly to the outbut buffer. If the volume is 0, then the buffer is full of 0s, and increasing the volume will have no effect on that (0 * anything = 0).

piovrauz

« Reply #64 on: 25 Jul '05 - 10:16 »
I don't  think it is really a bug, but:

When I listen to this stream "http://24.30.208.51:8000/", using the "wav writer - normalize", stream is write on disk but individual songs aren't splitted.

I think songs shall be splitted cause when I listen with normal output tracks have the right name at the right instant, so there must right info in the stream.

Only want to know if it is XMPlay related or not, thanks.

PiovrauZ

Bistzack

« Reply #65 on: 29 Jul '05 - 18:39 »
When I increase or decrease the volume using keyboard and while XMPlay is buffering some song (URL or module) I get crash. I uploaded Dr Watson log (xmpbuff.zip).

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: 30 Jul '05 - 13:59 »
I don't  think it is really a bug, but:

When I listen to this stream "http://24.30.208.51:8000/", using the "wav writer - normalize", stream is write on disk but individual songs aren't splitted.

I think songs shall be splitted cause when I listen with normal output tracks have the right name at the right instant, so there must right info in the stream.

Only want to know if it is XMPlay related or not, thanks.

The file/track splitting only applies when writing the original stream to disk, via the "Write to disk" option.

When I increase or decrease the volume using keyboard and while XMPlay is buffering some song (URL or module) I get crash. I uploaded Dr Watson log (xmpbuff.zip).

Should be sorted in .7 (now on the XMPlay page).