Author Topic: CD plugin  (Read 2733 times)

Brian

CD plugin
« on: 8 Jun '05 - 19:52 »
Does the native CD plugin work by digital extraction? Presumably it does, as I find that I can use it in conjunction with a third-party DSP plugin (CompWide). The equivalent Winamp and QMP CD plugins have the option to enable or disable digital extraction. No complaints - I'm just interested. Many thanks.

Roj

Re: CD plugin
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun '05 - 15:49 »
Does the native CD plugin work by digital extraction? Presumably it does, as I find that I can use it in conjunction with a third-party DSP plugin (CompWide). The equivalent Winamp and QMP CD plugins have the option to enable or disable digital extraction. No complaints - I'm just interested. Many thanks.
Given that I don't have an analog connection between my Revo and my DVD-ROM (the Revo doesn't support it) and that it plays, I'd say yes it was doing DAE by default.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun '05 - 16:07 »
XMPlay requires that the sample data goes through it (plugins can't output the data themselves), so yep, the CD plugin does use "digital extraction".

Sebastian_Mares

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun '05 - 16:07 »
I hate analog connections between CD-ROMs and sound cards because the analog wire acts like an antenna and you hear all kind of noise like the RAM/HDD access.

Roj

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun '05 - 16:24 »
I hate analog connections between CD-ROMs and sound cards because the analog wire acts like an antenna and you hear all kind of noise like the RAM/HDD access.
Almost as bad is the fact that the DACs used in CD and DVD ROMs are best described as "bargain basement".