Author Topic: OGG stops playing  (Read 3666 times)

Ingolf

OGG stops playing
« on: 14 Mar '03 - 11:26 »
Hi there,

My app allows the user to load a direct channel and then mix it back to a master channel, record it, etc. I have adjusted the update rate to 25 for recording, and the buffer length is also set to 25.

I've always tested it with mp3's, and it works fine, but now when I test it with an OGG file, the music stops after 30 seconds or something, my mouse hangs, I hear the buffer repeating for like 2 seconds, and then BASS_ChannelGetData returns 0. BASS_ErrorGetCode returns 0 also.

Any clues?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: OGG stops playing
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar '03 - 13:06 »
Is that with all OGGs, or just a particular one? If it's just one, please upload it, and I'll take a look... ftp://ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Btw, when you say "the buffer length is also set to 25", do you mean 25ms? (0.025s) ... note that, while the update rates are specified in milliseconds, the buffer length (BASS_SetBufferLength) is specified in seconds.

Ingolf

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar '03 - 14:11 »
I set the buffer and update rate settings correctly.

I get this with all my ogg files (which are all made by myself, so I'll download one, and try)

_Andrey_

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar '03 - 16:38 »
I try to use BASS1.8 - it can't play my own OGG's. MO3 (xm and x3m) played correctly. Now i downgrade to BASS 1.7.

Ingolf2

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar '03 - 07:39 »
Same here maybe??

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar '03 - 13:51 »
It'd be helpful if you could upload one of the problem files to have a look at.

Ingolf

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar '03 - 16:34 »
I am currently uploading the file:

ftp://ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/04%20-%20Around%20The%20Fur.mp3

so it should be there any moment now...

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar '03 - 17:41 »
What's the problem you're having with that file?

I tried playing it with the CONTEST example, and decoding it with the WRITEWAV example, and it was fine in both. Is that not the case there?

Ingolf

« Reply #8 on: 16 Mar '03 - 18:03 »
I tried the same, and it works great. So... I'll continue debugging my own app :(

Sometimes, my app hangs and I hear the buffer repeating for a brief time (which is also the case in Windows Media Player) but then it continues, which is not the case with any ogg file that I use.

It's not important or something (it does not hang on my other computer), I just noticed.

grv575

« Reply #9 on: 18 Mar '03 - 09:08 »
If it doesn't hang on your other computer then it could be a codec issue?  Try installing a codec pack or reinstalling windows if you're up to it.  Then again maybe a latency issue if it isn't late hardware (does bass drop the stream if some sort of buffering timeout occurs?)

Ingolf

« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar '03 - 14:18 »
I was thinking the same thing...