Author Topic: Delphi+Shoutcast....Bass  (Read 3562 times)

Chris

Delphi+Shoutcast....Bass
« on: 9 Mar '03 - 12:47 »
Hi every body I know its easy in Bass to get a stream from Shoutcast...but how is it possible to set a stream and send it to a shoutcast server???
Greets Chris
« Last Edit: 9 Mar '03 - 17:40 by Chris »

Dredd

Re: Delphi+Shoutcast....Bass
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar '03 - 21:28 »
hey man.....I've been looking high and low for this answer, and I can't find one. I think it may be impossible.
I'm not even close to an expert on this subject, but I think BASS will never do this. I think BASS is just a decoder.

I've been playing with streamTranscoder from http://www.ODDsock.org. I noticed that uses the BASS.dll and lame_enc.dll, I only assume that means it used bass to decode a stream, and then lame to reencode it.

The good news, its not too hard to write a source for shoutCAST I did it in VB.NET and I can show you my code...you'll get the idea how you can accomplish this in Delphi when you see it.

Chris

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar '03 - 12:12 »
That a good news......before I have start to work with delphi(delphi 4, now delphi 6)  I have for ca 6 month work with VB    I THink it must be possible to translate it.....
Thanks Chris

Ghostwalker

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar '03 - 05:43 »
It is possible, i think.

You have to record your source, and coded it on the fly with a encoder (eg. Lame). This you can send to a Shoutcast-Server.

I haven't try this, but it should work.

Greetings Ghostwalker