Author Topic: About  (Read 2257 times)

georgebou

About
« on: 10 Mar '03 - 11:30 »
Ian,
First of all i must say that the new "plugin" system of BASS 1.8 seems to be very promising. What i mean is that by moving most of the common functions such as BASS_WMA_StreamPlay to the main body of BASS we have the opportunity to make new plugins concentrating all the effort to the loading section (BASS_NewFormatToSupport_StreamCreateFile), and not to the playback section which is a job of BASS of course.
Congratulations, once again.
What i want to ask is:
Will this "plugin" system be available to third party users or it's made so that you can enhance the BASS capabilities easier. To be more specific will this "plugin" system be like the winamp input plugin system where everyone can write a plugin, or not?
p.s Congratulations for BASS logo too. It's represents the idea of BASS:Simple but powerfull!!!!

WingZero

Welcome screen
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar '03 - 17:42 »
Ian, you seem to have forgotten to put up that BASS 1.8 (or BASSWMA 1.8 ) is released on the Welcome page. Or maybe I'm here too early...
« Last Edit: 10 Mar '03 - 17:43 by WingZero »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: About
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar '03 - 18:40 »
Will this "plugin" system be available to third party users or it's made so that you can enhance the BASS capabilities easier. To be more specific will this "plugin" system be like the winamp input plugin system where everyone can write a plugin, or not?

It's a possibility. I've not written up any documentation for the system yet, but if someone wants to create a useful "plugin", I'll be happy to help.

p.s Congratulations for BASS logo too. It's represents the idea of BASS:Simple but powerfull!!!!

What logo? :D

Ian, you seem to have forgotten to put up that BASS 1.8 (or BASSWMA 1.8 ) is released on the Welcome page. Or maybe I'm here too early...

No, it's definately there :) ... maybe your ISP has an old copy cached?

WingZero

Re: About
« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar '03 - 03:53 »

No, it's definately there :) ... maybe your ISP has an old copy cached?

Looks like it was Mozilla's fault. Didn't have a problem with the forum though.