Author Topic: "No interpolation" support please!  (Read 3916 times)

Jeano (Guest)

"No interpolation" support please!
« on: 24 Feb '03 - 03:11 »
It's not a secret that some MODs actually sound better with
no interpolation. Chip tunes are a good example on this.
No interpolation sometimes also gives a more natural sound
and it is always good to keep the sound as "original" as
possible. :)
« Last Edit: 24 Feb '03 - 03:19 by Jeano »

podobo

Re: "No interpolation" support please!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb '03 - 07:12 »
I'd like to see this too, actually, and so would a couple of my friends.  We make experimental electronic music that sometimes relies on the aliasing in Impulse Tracker for certain sounds and interactions.  And sometimes when you've written a song to sound good in Impulse Tracker, it doesn't sound quite right with all the artifacts gone.  But I'm guessing we are in the minority.

georgebou

Re:
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb '03 - 11:06 »
I agree with both of you. I remember myself when i was playing with some DOS MOD players suchs as Visual Player (it was my favourite), but i thought i was the only one who liked all the playing samples non interpolated. I'm glad too find out that there two other people with the same ideas. The thing that was impressing me was the pure digital sound that was produced with interpolation disabled.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re:
« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb '03 - 15:10 »
I guess a "non-interpolated mixing" flag could be quickly added before the 1.8 release. Not sure I'll bother with MMX optimized versions though, so it may actually be a bit slower than the interpolated mixing :)

georgebou

Re:
« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb '03 - 10:10 »
This is great news. I'm looking forward to see it. I think that the "non-interpolated mixing" flag is the best solution.