Author Topic: Wishlist for XMPlay 3.3  (Read 145663 times)

Svante

Re: Wishlist for XMPlay 3.3
« Reply #25 on: 15 Feb '05 - 17:58 »
I do also use Media Player Classic for video playback, however I think it would be nice if XMPlay could play video as well, it wouldn't bloat the program...

Roj

« Reply #26 on: 15 Feb '05 - 18:08 »
I do also use Media Player Classic for video playback, however I think it would be nice if XMPlay could play video as well, it wouldn't bloat the program...

Music players play music.  Last time I checked, XMPlay was thanksfully not a media player (and hopefully will never be one - I'll have to abandon it if that day comes).

uRRada

« Reply #27 on: 16 Feb '05 - 16:43 »
I just resume some of my posts with "suggestions" in the topic.

Bugs:

1) It seems to me that xmplay hangs on "loading" stage when playing *.mid file.
Winamp2 midi plugin v2.64
2) "Sub dirs" checkbox from "add directory" dialog doesn't save its state after Exit/Load xmplay, but should IMO.

Suggestions:

1) F7!

They say that winamp has a plugin that reads *.pls files as list.
We can have that list by F7 that may be done according F5 playlist. It sould be good addition to Library feature in xmplay.

Good luck.

Sami

« Reply #28 on: 16 Feb '05 - 22:28 »
Just a simple one to improve the feedback from XMPlay. I read the txt file about the changes...

And what crossed my mind was that this one below should be visualized with greyed out checkboxes for theese options whenever they dont apply. But it should still be possible to check and uncheck. Is this even possible? :D
* Dithering & noise-shaping automatically bypassed when not required

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #29 on: 16 Feb '05 - 22:57 »
Bugs:

1) It seems to me that xmplay hangs on "loading" stage when playing *.mid file.
Winamp2 midi plugin v2.64
Try a more recent midi plugin from the support site. (It should automatically set it up when you install it :) )

Killi

« Reply #30 on: 16 Feb '05 - 23:16 »
How about adding "played x times" statistics in the media library for each audio file? I saw a similar feature in a player my friend uses and it looked in a way interesting. Now that XMPlay too has a media library, that kind of feature could be useful.

And it would also be nice if releasing the mouse button after using open files dialogue wouldn't activate any of the player's buttons. Sometimes I've accidentally clicked the Remove from list button just by doubleclicking a file in the open files or add files dialogue. This should in my opinion be fixed.

XMPlay's still my favourite player.  I haven't had another one for years.

ColTim

« Reply #31 on: 17 Feb '05 - 01:22 »
I'd like to see some form of snapping, as dragging the main window and then having to drag the playlist window is annoying. And also at least an option to ignore the "The" in front of bands suchs as "The Doors", "The Beatles" for the media library would be appreciated as well.

J44xm

« Reply #32 on: 17 Feb '05 - 02:20 »
I'd like to see some form of snapping, as dragging the main window and then having to drag the playlist window is annoying.

I second that. Docking on the edge of the screen would be nice too.

Tsorovan

« Reply #33 on: 17 Feb '05 - 02:35 »
The oldest request ever, and I hope it'll be honoured soon :)

Luigi

« Reply #34 on: 17 Feb '05 - 07:45 »
Yes, docking, please. It'll be very, very much appreciated!

Luigi

« Reply #35 on: 17 Feb '05 - 10:12 »
And one more proposition. There's no bookmarks or rating system in XMPlay. Bookmarks could be implemented as another library of a smaller size, and rating column would look good in the existing XMPlay library.

Actually, since switching from Winamp to XMPlay I miss its bookmarks very much. Ratings are not so important for me, but also preferable.

Thank you.

Knurek

« Reply #36 on: 17 Feb '05 - 11:22 »
And one more proposition. There's no bookmarks or rating system in XMPlay. Bookmarks could be implemented as another library of a smaller size, and rating column would look good in the existing XMPlay library.

You can use the comment field for rating. (actually it was added as a library field because of that :) )
« Last Edit: 17 Feb '05 - 11:23 by Knurek »

Svante

« Reply #37 on: 17 Feb '05 - 11:38 »
I'd like to see some form of snapping, as dragging the main window and then having to drag the playlist window is annoying.
That would be cool :D

Luigi

« Reply #38 on: 17 Feb '05 - 13:38 »

You can use the comment field for rating. (actually it was added as a library field because of that :) )

Actually, the comment field is a part of both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. It's intended to be used for comments. Bookmarks are of slightly different nature, in my opinion.

Tsorovan

« Reply #39 on: 17 Feb '05 - 14:32 »
How about being able to deconstruct path/filename into relevant fields (artist, album title, tracknumber, track title and year of release blablabla)? Either as a simple %Artist% blabla thing, or with a neat regexp for those who don't want to rely on ID3 tags being correct?

Luigi

« Reply #40 on: 17 Feb '05 - 14:44 »
1) Crop-function added to the context-menu of the playlist or to the list of 'shortcuttable' commands
2) !!! Saving positions of windows individually for every skin !!! - it's a real pleasure to rearrange the windows each time after changing a skin.
3) 'Clear filter' command
4) Left click on the close-button resumes playback by default after restart, and right does not - which function is more relevant, what do you think?

I sincerely apologize for being so annoying. I really appreciate the Author's tremendous work.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb '05 - 16:49 by Luigi »

Zarggg

« Reply #41 on: 17 Feb '05 - 17:40 »
4) Left click on the close-button resumes playback by default after restart, and right does not - which function is more relevant, what do you think?

No offense, but this kind of goes in the face of every Windows convention I've ever seen.

Jace

« Reply #42 on: 17 Feb '05 - 18:17 »
1) Crop-function added to the context-menu of the playlist or to the list of 'shortcuttable' commands
As I figure 'Crop' out, it is 'remove everything but selected', right?

First assign a hotkey to 'Lis nav - Invert selection'
Then assign the same key to 'List - Remove'.

Make sure you do it in the right order. :D
(At least that is how I remember it happens)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: 17 Feb '05 - 22:43 »
Just a simple one to improve the feedback from XMPlay. I read the txt file about the changes...

And what crossed my mind was that this one below should be visualized with greyed out checkboxes for theese options whenever they dont apply. But it should still be possible to check and uncheck. Is this even possible? :D
* Dithering & noise-shaping automatically bypassed when not required

I don't think it is possible to grey out a standard Windows button, without disabling it. But so that you know when it applies, here's how it works :)

Dithering & noise-shaping will be automatically bypassed when the output is exactly the same as the source. That is when the output resolution is equal too or greater than that of the source, there are no DSP active, the volume is at 100% and the balance is "centre".

Dario

« Reply #44 on: 18 Feb '05 - 00:22 »
Hi!

I think would be good to be able to rescan paths in library, sometimes I rename some filenames and it is needed to add directories to library again.

Another feature I usually would like to do is change volume using mouse weel without put the pointer over the bar. I tried to set mouse weel up and down on shortcuts but I couldn't.

I think XMPlay is a great player! U R doin' a good job!  ;D

Luigi

« Reply #45 on: 18 Feb '05 - 13:23 »
No offense, but this kind of goes in the face of every Windows convention I've ever seen.

Do not fully understand what do you mean. Here's the quotation from xmplay.txt:
Resume playback at startup from where it left off (right-click close)

I think that it would be more convenient to resume playback at startup from where it left off using left-click close (vice versa).

Pike84

« Reply #46 on: 18 Feb '05 - 14:04 »
Convenient? So, you're saying that it's somehow harder or otherwise inconvenient to press the right button of the mouse than the left one? Sounds a bit strange... ::)

Luigi

« Reply #47 on: 18 Feb '05 - 15:20 »
Convenient? So, you're saying that it's somehow harder or otherwise inconvenient to press the right button of the mouse than the left one? Sounds a bit strange... ::)

Nevermind.

Zarggg

« Reply #48 on: 18 Feb '05 - 17:14 »

Do not fully understand what do you mean.

To me, left-clicking the close button on an application means "close program normally".

Svante

« Reply #49 on: 18 Feb '05 - 17:40 »

Do not fully understand what do you mean.

To me, left-clicking the close button on an application means "close program normally".

The same for me, I think it should stay as it is