Author Topic: Wishlist for XMPlay 3.3  (Read 145640 times)

Y@nekŪ

Re: Wishlist for XMPlay 3.3
« Reply #450 on: 27 Jul '06 - 17:40 »
Probably because those Winamp plugins don't support 24 or 32-bit audio.

I tryed (from support.xmplay.com Enhancer v0.17, Ozone, Sound Solution v1.31b) and more plugins, including Winamp plugins which support 24 bit audio. Noise is the same in every case.

dr_wrong

« Reply #451 on: 28 Jul '06 - 18:30 »
VideoLan has a http interface , as well as MediaPlayerClassic

it might be more useful as a add-on plugin (since the website would have to be packed up with it) and we all like xmplay's packaged filesize

« Reply #452 on: 2 Aug '06 - 08:03 »
(Don't want to start a new topic, I know this wish is not actually about XMPlay program but plugin development, sorry)

XMPlay has tons of great-looking visual plugins, but I wish there would also be a screen saver plugin, which would display current playing song (and previous and next etc). Found one to WinAmp and it works fine, but I use XMPlay preferably.

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=133688

raina

« Reply #453 on: 2 Aug '06 - 10:20 »
Yes! Full-screen pattern display as a screen saver.

Zarggg

« Reply #454 on: 3 Aug '06 - 03:13 »
VideoLan has a http interface , as well as MediaPlayerClassic

Why, oh why, would anyone need an HTTP interface for XMPlay?

impg

« Reply #455 on: 3 Aug '06 - 10:07 »
In the library, right-clicking on the value of any field will ask if you want to add all tracks with that field-value to the playlist (e.g.- right-click on Leonard Cohen's name under Artist and the option "Add all tracks by Leonard Cohen" is listed; right-click on any genre such as Blues and "Add all Blues tracks" is offered; etc.

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #456 on: 24 Aug '06 - 12:19 »
I'd like to see the search dialog remembering which search mode I was using last. Always having to switch away from "phrase" because I don't remember the exact title is a bit annoying.

Btw, there is quite a bit of flickering appearing here with the new "filling sliders" system. The knob appears to flicker more, the bigger it is. (Yes, I'm working on a new skin and it's almost finished.)

[Edit] I'd also like to see a "fade stop", like Winamp's Shift+V. If there's going to be a crossfading solution one day, the fade stop could be done with crossfading into silence (and stopping then), for example...
« Last Edit: 24 Aug '06 - 12:22 by Rah'Dick »

Fende

« Reply #457 on: 10 Dec '06 - 19:19 »
I have the distortion problem too, when i use the winamp wrapper at 24/32 bit. But the problem appears with some mp3s only. The songs that i've ripped by myself don't have this distortion. I thing that it has nothing to do with the plugins you select (ozone, enhance, etc) but with the wrapper itself and certain mp3s (i don't know if it's the codec, the bitrate, the sample rate...).
To fix this bug would be a great improvement (especially for me,jejeje)

Another great thing to add would be some native support for vst plugins, there are many good vst plugins for free and it would be good to use them in Xmplay too.

The software itself is great (it kicked winamp out of my computer after 10 years of domination, jejeje)

*excuse me for the crappy english writing, i'm from Argentina and we speak spanish, all the english i know comes from hours of Seinfeld, SNL and Friends (and some high school teachers)