Author Topic: "Amiga MOD" sounds muffled with playback mode "PT1"  (Read 9019 times)

Coma

(sorry if it's been covered - I searched the forum and the FAQ and the guide...)

Well, see subject. Any module that gets identified as an "Amiga MOD" sounds muffled when played in PT1 mode, compared to normal mode. For "generic MODs" I can't hear any difference at all. Is this the Amiga lowpass filter being emulated? If so, how can it be turned off? I've searched high and low in the options...

And: thanks for a great player!  :)

Knurek

Re: "Amiga MOD" sounds muffled with playback mode "PT1"
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb '06 - 08:01 »
Any module that gets identified as an "Amiga MOD" sounds muffled when played in PT1 mode, compared to normal mode.

I don't exhibit the same behaviour (newest stuff update, MOD settings: Int: sinc, Ramp: sens, Surr: mode2), tested with 3 Amiga MOD files.
The PT1 mode is AFAIK the only one that emulates the filter, but it's turned off by default, so unless a module turns it on somewhere, it's not gonna be noticeable.

/Edit - bah, should've read the original message closely.
« Last Edit: 19 Feb '06 - 08:05 by Knurek »

Coma

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb '06 - 16:49 »
But here it's very noticeable... what I'm looking for is a way to turn off filter emulation for good.

Knurek

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb '06 - 18:04 »
But here it's very noticeable... what I'm looking for is a way to turn off filter emulation for good.

Changing the module mode to Normal or FT2 seems to be the only way now, though that probably doesn't satisfy you.
Maybe Ian could describe the differences between those modes more in-depth (something like FT2: VBlank detection, EFx command and filter effects are turned off, panning effects are turned on, BPM is increased by 1, that kind of stuff).
Would be easier to choose then. ;)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb '06 - 16:29 »
Here's an update with a "PT1 -filter" (PT1 minus filter) MOD mode added...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Coma

« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb '06 - 18:07 »
My humble thanks, dear sir.  ;)