Author Topic: BASS_SetConfig() flag BASS_CONFIG_FLOATDECODE or BASS_CONFIG_FLOATALWAYS  (Read 4417 times)

3delite

How about a BASS_SetConfig() flag BASS_CONFIG_FLOATDECODE so all the decoding channels are automatically created as BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT channels? :-\ Or BASS_CONFIG_FLOATALWAYS so that not only but every channel is created as 32-bit floating-point channels. WDM drivers are quite common today, aren't they?
That would make much easier to handle decoding channels when "using" BASS in 32bit mode... ::)
I am writing a component for Delphi and an option like this would simplify my code much. :-\

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Now you're just being lazy! :D

3delite

Ok, I'll put a normal StreamSaveWAV() and a StreamSaveWAV32() for now. It's really just seconds copy/paste-ing the code, the problem is, neither of the functions will work with any future enhancements. If there was a global flag, the function (that is only one would be needed) would work in normal or 32bit mode automatically depending on how BASS is configured.

But anyway, I think that anyone who would consider coding something serious will implement his own 16/32bit routines.

The component will be very cool, and it's in the final stage. :)

Ok, I'll make it work, and we'll se what the community requests. :)
« Last Edit: 10 Mar '06 - 16:33 by 3delite »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Ok, I'll put a normal StreamSaveWAV() and a StreamSaveWAV32() for now. It's really just seconds copy/paste-ing the code...

There's no need for separate functions, if the only difference is the flags. It seems to me you can achieve what you want using a global variable for the flags...

Code: [Select]
DWORD decodeflags;

BASS_StreamCreateFile(0,file,0,0,decodeflags);

3delite

No problem, it's cool!
I put two functions in it and it works wonderfully! ;D