Author Topic: XMPlay RealAudio plugin  (Read 319774 times)

Dotpitch

Re: XMPlay RealAudio plugin
« Reply #325 on: 20 Sep '09 - 08:31 »
I swear I used to get all (8 ) codecs to load with pncrt.dll in the folder with the rest of the DLLs.  Now pncrt.dll has to be in the XMPlay root or System32 to get them all.  You sure nothing changed...?
When do you think something changed?
Is there a way to play and save a stream using RTSP protocol but not a RealAudio format?  I have streams MP4 streams like this.
Is the regular 'Write to disk'-option available? Note that RTSP is not proprietary to RealAudio, they just use it for transport.

SmartOne

« Reply #326 on: 20 Sep '09 - 19:47 »
I think something might have changed between versions. 

Since the RealAudio plugin supplies the RTSP support, it seems the plugin tries to play whatever file is on the other end.  If I try something like rtsp://something.something.edu/blah/blah/filename.m4a (I originally meant M4A, stupid confusing container formats) in XMPlay's Open URL dialogue, the file won't play.  I can get it to work in VLC, but VLC is stinky.

Dotpitch

« Reply #327 on: 20 Sep '09 - 20:51 »
I think something might have changed between versions.
Obviously, but what versions of what? xmp-ra, RealAlternative or XMPlay?
Since the RealAudio plugin supplies the RTSP support, it seems the plugin tries to play whatever file is on the other end.
The Windows Media libraries can probably stream over RTSP as well. I think xmp-aac is having trouble with RTSP though. What's the stream address?

SmartOne

« Reply #328 on: 20 Sep '09 - 21:29 »
Not sure which thing might have changed the behavior.  I'm just confused about how it's not working like it used to, not that it's a huge deal to put pncrt.dll into the XMPlay root.  I'm 99% sure I'm not making this up.  ;)

I didn't show it because it's my school's server which only allows users who are logged in on campus (like me) or using VPN to connect.  Or something.  So it probably won't work for you no matter what.  (Not to mention it's slightly revealing.  :P)
« Last Edit: 21 Sep '09 - 20:37 by SmartOne »

Dotpitch

« Reply #329 on: 21 Sep '09 - 09:45 »
The real address ... I didn't show it before because it's my school's server which only allows users who are logged in on campus (like me) or using VPN to connect.  Or something.  So it probably won't work for you no matter what.  (Not to mention it's slightly revealing.  :P)
Ah, so it can't be tested.... ah, well, you can remove it then ;). RTSP is a VCR-like streaming protocol, which requires the client to send commands to prepare, setup and then play the stream. As with RealAudio streams, the plugin will have to issue all these command, since XMPlay is not doing it. xmp-aac has no clue what RTSP is (it was made to work with ShoutCast HTTP streams), and xmp-ra can't help here because data pass-through is not possible.

bryce

« Reply #330 on: 16 Apr '10 - 00:49 »
thank you, i usually hate installations, and use software to extract everything in a folder so to be as a controlled environment, but it becomes a hassle going through all the different dlls, and it's usually much more easier to find a zip or rar of the dlls somewhere, but it's quite uncommon to find such refinement on a medium as evident as Google. thankfully most xmplay users are audiophiles/chipophiles that suffer from OCD ;)

SmartOne

« Reply #331 on: 23 Dec '10 - 16:53 »
RealAudio beta10.1 has some sort of infinite loop when trying to play tracks.

Fraggie

« Reply #332 on: 24 Dec '10 - 09:02 »
What do you mean exactly?

SmartOne

« Reply #333 on: 1 Jan '11 - 07:21 »
Nothing happens, and CPU usage increases.

airleacheri

« Reply #334 on: 13 Jan '11 - 08:27 »
Presently to be totally obvious, give pleasure to - I take it that neither this nor any potential update of this plugin will be usable for  performance rtsp streams? This description crash XMPlay when I try to occupy yourself such a stream

Fraggie

« Reply #335 on: 22 Jan '11 - 09:29 »
Folks, try this:
http://dhost.info/pieknyman/bin_data/test_version/xmp-ra.dll

It has the crash fixed. Also the buffering procedure has been reimplemented, so it doesn't seem to lock anymore with the latest XMPlay version. However it needs a lot of testing. If you happen to find a stream that has any problems please post the URL here.

As a bonus the RAM stream selection dialog accepts a double click now :)

The hiccups at the beginning of live playback when crossfading is enabled is a known bug/feature and is being looked into.

SmartOne

« Reply #336 on: 23 Jan '11 - 02:41 »
XMPlay locks with beta10.2 when trying to play RM files.  The beta10 version works fine.

Fraggie

SmartOne

« Reply #338 on: 23 Jan '11 - 16:45 »
Seems to work so far.  Thanks!

SmartOne

« Reply #339 on: 29 Jul '11 - 23:03 »
WAV writing doesn't work.  The resulting file is unplayable.

Dotpitch

« Reply #340 on: 30 Jul '11 - 09:47 »
WAV writing doesn't work.  The resulting file is unplayable.
Please provide some more details. Does it work on non-Real Audio files? Can XMPlay play the file it created?

dypsis

« Reply #341 on: 26 Nov '11 - 02:41 »
Thanks for this.
I created a "Codecs" folder below the XMPlay folder, and put all the codec files (including pncrt.dll) there and pointed the plugin to that folder.
But it couldn't find pncrt.dll there, so I moved pncrt.dll to the XMPlay folder.

I thought that putting it somewhere in the path was good enough, but it seems not.

snail_white

« Reply #342 on: 6 Sep '13 - 13:39 »
Thanks very much for this.

Fraggie

« Reply #343 on: 8 Nov '13 - 14:15 »
Revision 11 of the plugin has been released.

It collects all patches from the engineering versions since beta10 along with some recent crash fix.

Dhry

« Reply #344 on: 8 Jan '16 - 17:35 »
Argh, delete this post pls, wrong thread. (surprised I don't see an option to delete it myself?)
« Last Edit: 8 Jan '16 - 17:40 by Dhry »