Author Topic: XMPlay Last.fm/Audioscrobbler plugin (xmp-scrobbler)  (Read 540001 times)

ec8or

Re: XMPlay Audioscrobbler plugin (xmp-scrobbler)
« Reply #300 on: 25 Jan '07 - 21:51 »
safe yagood.. looking forward to the release

ec8or

« Reply #301 on: 25 Jan '07 - 21:54 »
will this release also take care of faulty submission such as these (check top weekly artist):
http://www.last.fm/user/ec8or_

everything looks fine in the log but i'm getting more and more files like this. Seems like the data crash the player when used as id3v2 and submits faulty tags as id3v1...

yagood

« Reply #302 on: 25 Jan '07 - 22:10 »
will this release also take care of faulty submission such as these (check top weekly artist):
http://www.last.fm/user/ec8or_

everything looks fine in the log but i'm getting more and more files like this. Seems like the data crash the player when used as id3v2 and submits faulty tags as id3v1...

This is a really nasty bug indeed. Is there any chance that you could send me this file by e-mail (my address: yagood@o2.pl)? I would like to check it out and make sure what's causing the problem. Thanks in advance. BTW what system are you using?

ec8or

« Reply #303 on: 25 Jan '07 - 22:30 »
This is a really nasty bug indeed. Is there any chance that you could send me this file by e-mail (my address: yagood@o2.pl)? I would like to check it out and make sure what's causing the problem. Thanks in advance. BTW what system are you using?

XP SP2

Aux

« Reply #304 on: 29 Jan '07 - 06:48 »
yagood, faulty names are because of unicode - the thing i was working on. I described situation in my letter to you.

amit, I have a fix, but we are currently merging code with yagood so no releases for some time.

yagood

« Reply #305 on: 29 Jan '07 - 12:16 »
yagood, faulty names are because of unicode - the thing i was working on. I described situation in my letter to you.

The file which ec8or sent me is submitted just fine with 0.5b on my PC, but he uses version with CUE support, so I guess there's some problem with it. I'll fix it while I merge the source.

amit, I have a fix, but we are currently merging code with yagood so no releases for some time.

I didn't have so much free time as I hoped this weekend, but the release is coming in a few days.

IPF27

« Reply #306 on: 30 Jan '07 - 02:43 »
Don't know if this has been requested already but I have a request, how about the ability to read tags besides MP3 (and I assume ogg and wma)? This would be useful, for example I have a bunch of PSF files by Nobuo Uemtasu that I'd like tracked but they won't because it can't seem to read the tag. Is this possible or would I have to convert them to MP3 or something for it to work?

Zarggg

« Reply #307 on: 30 Jan '07 - 03:14 »
@IPF27

I made a post about this way back in the thread, but no one seemed to know what i was talking about. The plugin reads Library tags from XMPlay, so any file (even MODs or MIDIs, if one would be so inclined) can be submitted to Last.fm using XMPlay. Just add the file to the internal XMPlay library and set the appropriate fields as necessary. Use the following screenshot as a guide:
« Last Edit: 30 Jan '07 - 03:18 by Zarggg »

IPF27

« Reply #308 on: 30 Jan '07 - 03:31 »
@IPF27

I made a post about this way back in the thread, but no one seemed to know what i was talking about. The plugin reads Library tags from XMPlay, so any file (even MODs or MIDIs, if one would be so inclined) can be submitted to Last.fm using XMPlay. Just add the file to the internal XMPlay library and set the appropriate fields as necessary. Use the following screenshot as a guide:

Okay, that works fine, thanks a lot!

yagood

« Reply #309 on: 3 Feb '07 - 12:06 »
Version 0.6 beta is out, details in the first post of this thread, report any problems here as usual. Thanks.

ec8or

« Reply #310 on: 4 Feb '07 - 12:50 »
thanks yagood!

i've been playing around with the beta today and the problems with strange characters when submitting seems to be gone. However, some mp3's still crash my player, ifi disable the plugin they work fine. Let me know if you want the files...

Peace

yagood

« Reply #311 on: 4 Feb '07 - 12:58 »
thanks yagood!

i've been playing around with the beta today and the problems with strange characters when submitting seems to be gone. However, some mp3's still crash my player, ifi disable the plugin they work fine. Let me know if you want the files...

Peace

Of course, send file(s) to yagood@o2.pl if you can and please attach the log file from the time these crashes occured. Thanks.

yagood

« Reply #312 on: 4 Feb '07 - 15:06 »
New beta version has been uploaded to the server, please re-download the plug-in.

Aux

« Reply #313 on: 6 Feb '07 - 09:54 »
yagood! Thanks! Everything works fine for me! I did not test CUEs yet, but Unicode is handled well! Waiting for final 0.6 release (:

yagood

« Reply #314 on: 6 Feb '07 - 12:25 »
yagood! Thanks! Everything works fine for me! I did not test CUEs yet, but Unicode is handled well! Waiting for final 0.6 release (:

Hmm, that's interesting, because I didn't change anything in how strings are handled :-) I simply merged your code into mine, simplified some parts which were too complex and that's it. I don't currently have Windows ME/98 box where I could test it, so nothing will be done at this area for version 0.6, but maybe in the next version.

Aux

« Reply #315 on: 7 Feb '07 - 11:36 »
Then some bugs may occur in future. I'll listen a lot at work (8 hours per day :)) so if I find something, then I'll let You know.

yagood

« Reply #316 on: 7 Feb '07 - 13:02 »
OK, thanks. I listen to music quite often myself, but never had any problems with xmp-scrobbler submitting titles / names with national characters etc. I work on Windows Server 2003, so I guess on XP/2000/Vista(?) should all work OK, problems may occur on 98/ME without Unicode layer installed. But I'm no expert on these things really, I'm going to finish 0.6 and then test some solutions with Unicode (there's std:wstring - maybe changing all std::string usages to std::wstring would work?).

johnsmith

« Reply #317 on: 7 Feb '07 - 22:29 »
The plugin works great, but... :)
I have many songs with scandinavic characters (ä, ö, å) in directory names, file names and in song tags. Most of my songs are in ogg format. The plugin works great, but these particular scandinavic songs do not submit in last.fm. For example file:
"C:\Ultra Bra\Sinä päivänä kun synnyin\19. hauki.ogg"

... which has these tags:
Title: hauki
Artist: Ultra Bra
Album: Sinä päivänä kun synnyin

None of the songs in that directory don't submit. It can't be the song title "hauki" - it doesn't have any umlauts. But maybe the album name in the tag? Or more far fetched; maybe the directory name? I'm not even sure if this is a XMPlay problem or a plugin problem :). Maybe somebody can help me in this.

Thanks for the great work so far!

yagood

« Reply #318 on: 7 Feb '07 - 23:59 »
That's strange - which xmp-scrobbler version do you use? Can you send me a sample file that doesn't get submitted to Last.fm (my e-mail: yagood@o2.pl)? Also please attach or copy-paste contents of the log file (xmp-scrobbler.txt file in your XMPlay directory).

amit

« Reply #319 on: 8 Feb '07 - 10:41 »
I found a problem with the latest build: when I change the position slider on the first few seconds after an untagged file starts , xmplay crashes.

« Last Edit: 8 Feb '07 - 10:47 by amit »

yagood

« Reply #320 on: 8 Feb '07 - 12:14 »
I found a problem with the latest build: when I change the position slider on the first few seconds after an untagged file starts , xmplay crashes.

I noticed that too just after releasing second beta version, now it's fixed. I'll probably release 0.6 final today or tomorrow so there's no need for another build before that I guess. Thanks for reporting!

Aux

« Reply #321 on: 8 Feb '07 - 12:24 »
0.6 beta crashes when listening tracker music (IT, XM and so on), but only sometimes. I can not say when and why it exactly crash - sometimes same module plays, sometimes not. I'll wait for 0.6 release and check it there.

P.S. AFAIK wstring is for UTF16, not UTF8. That's why I did not use it.
« Last Edit: 8 Feb '07 - 12:27 by Aux »

johnsmith

« Reply #322 on: 8 Feb '07 - 14:47 »
That's strange - which xmp-scrobbler version do you use?
0.6 beta

Can you send me a sample file that doesn't get submitted to Last.fm (my e-mail: yagood@o2.pl)? Also please attach or copy-paste contents of the log file (xmp-scrobbler.txt file in your XMPlay directory).
You'll get it in a minute or two ;)

yagood

« Reply #323 on: 8 Feb '07 - 16:12 »
Can you send me a sample file that doesn't get submitted to Last.fm (my e-mail: yagood@o2.pl)? Also please attach or copy-paste contents of the log file (xmp-scrobbler.txt file in your XMPlay directory).
You'll get it in a minute or two ;)

I already replied you via e-mail, but this is quite weird situation and I want to describe this on the forum. John sent me an OGG file which has in the Message window following tag information:

Track is encoded with CDex using the libvorbis libraryTITLE   kirjoituksia
ARTIST   Ultra Bra
ALBUM   Sinä päivänä kun synnyin
TRACKNUMBER   13/21
DATE   2001

So as you can see, title tag is malformed and shown as "Track is encoded with CDex using the libvorbis libraryTITLE". I checked this file in two other programs and they recognize the title properly - so, question to Ian - is there any chance that this is a XMPlay bug?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #324 on: 8 Feb '07 - 19:56 »
Please upload the file, and I'll check it out...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/