Author Topic: XMPlay Last.fm/Audioscrobbler plugin (xmp-scrobbler)  (Read 539782 times)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
While we're on the subject...

Yagood, any word on your hosting?

As the original files seem to no longer be available, I have now added the support site download links to the first post.

Sajadi

so.. after a long and stable run today it crashes again :D i think it is clear now, must be really sometimes an issue with the last.fm servers when submitting the songs

Dotpitch

so.. after a long and stable run today it crashes again
Do you have the latest stuff version? Everything runs perfect here.

Pike84

To me it seems if anything's clear, it's how unclear this whole crashing problem is :P.

I'm using the plugin myself (haven't bothered to update to the latest tho, 0.7 here), and I haven't had XMPlay crash for ages.

Sajadi

of course  i have the latest xmplay version :)

Also no problems with the brand new and error free harddisk, and the rest of my hardware is also error free, only this constant crashing of xmplay is sucking

Dotpitch

... only this constant crashing of xmplay is sucking
Does XMPlay play properly when xmp-scrobbler is not loaded? If you delete xmp-scrobbler.cache, start XMPlay, load the plugin and start playing, after how many tracks does it crash (3, 10, 50)? Are the tracks scrobbled correctly (apart from the last one, ofcourse)? Where in the file does it crash (at loading, within the first 10 seconds, in the middle, close to the end)? What Windows do you have? Lets hope we can find out what's going wrong here :).

Sajadi

yeah, it plays correctly if scrobbler is deactivated. switched now back to the 0.7 which seemed to be most stable on my system of the scrobblers.

it varies... sometimes after 3 or more songs - there is no real pattern the crashes are upcoming. the crashes are always coming at the end of the songs. windows is xp :)

For other plugins - i have the edcast streaming plugin now installed, deleted the old oddcast 3.1.18 one.. only to make sure that it is really the scrobbler plug which makes the problem, now i have to wait listen to music and see ;)

Btw. the playlist it was crashing is a mix of ogg, mp3, tracker songs and some c64 sids
« Last Edit: 24 Dec '08 - 20:34 by SaphirJD »

saga

Crashes while loading a SID tune may not be the fault of the scrobbler plugin though. This happens a lot to me as well, because of the STIL loader.

Sajadi

but it seems as there exists some kind of "payload" when playlng sid files for me - sid file gets played, a while other songs are upcoming normal and then... randomly at a songs end xmplay its closing itself again.

could happen at nearly every song - i have now erased all sids from the playlist and see if it happens again.

Edit: so.. audioscrobbler plugin works fine now, seems more or less a problem of the sid plugin - without a sid in the playlist it runs stable like hell :D now i hope for a crash free sid plug ;)
« Last Edit: 24 Dec '08 - 22:33 by SaphirJD »

Dotpitch

I just tried XMPlay in WINE on Slax. I didn't configure anything, but XMPlay worked fine (even the shortcuts) and started scrobbling ;D.

saga

It would be nice if xmp-scrobbler actually took the Library tags, and not read the actualy tags from my mp3 files...

user2112

I used to have very good luck with AudioScrobbler. Within the last few weeks, nothing gets scrobbled.

Submission failed: bad authorization

I tag all my music using MusicBrainz

Any ideas what is up?

TIA

saga

Did you change your password at last.fm? Can you still access your user page there? Does setting a new password help?

user2112

Did you change your password at last.fm? Can you still access your user page there? Does setting a new password help?

Nope. Scrobbles fine when I listen from Last.FM. Yes, I can access my user page. I should apply a new PW to Last.FM?

saga

Maybe you should try resetting it. Check the password and proxy settings your xmp-scrobbler configuration.

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
Sometimes, when I start XMPlay, xmp-scrobbler will not be on my plugin list anymore and I have to re-add it. Sometimes I get crashes, too - completely random, even on songs I've got submitted without problem before... I'm already using the latest stuff version and xmp-scrobbler 0.8 - and I have now enabled Debug mode. Is there anything useful to read in the logs?

Dotpitch

Sometimes, when I start XMPlay, xmp-scrobbler will not be on my plugin list anymore and I have to re-add it.
Do you use Saved settings? It might remove xmp-scrobbler for certain tracks. You can lock xmp-scrobbler if you want to use it permanently.
Sometimes I get crashes, too - completely random, even on songs I've got submitted without problem before... I'm already using the latest stuff version and xmp-scrobbler 0.8 - and I have now enabled Debug mode. Is there anything useful to read in the logs?
I'm running 0.8 as well, and it's quite stable. The logs will probably show that things go wrong when submitting a track. If your cache is too full (I think it happens around 40-50 tracks), there's a bug that corrupts the cache and will crash XMPlay on every submission, deleting xmp-scrobbler.cache is the only solution. Any other bugs will be a bigger problem, since I don't think yagood and Auren are working on this plugin anymore.

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
Do you use Saved settings? It might remove xmp-scrobbler for certain tracks. You can lock xmp-scrobbler if you want to use it permanently.
Aaaah, that's what this checkbox is for. Thanks!
I'm running 0.8 as well, and it's quite stable. The logs will probably show that things go wrong when submitting a track. If your cache is too full (I think it happens around 40-50 tracks), there's a bug that corrupts the cache and will crash XMPlay on every submission, deleting xmp-scrobbler.cache is the only solution. Any other bugs will be a bigger problem, since I don't think yagood and Auren are working on this plugin anymore.
AFAIR, I didn't play 40-50 songs until the last crash. The xmp-scrobbler.cache file was 0byte after that, tho...

Dotpitch

I'm running 0.8 as well, and it's quite stable. The logs will probably show that things go wrong when submitting a track. If your cache is too full (I think it happens around 40-50 tracks), there's a bug that corrupts the cache and will crash XMPlay on every submission, deleting xmp-scrobbler.cache is the only solution.
AFAIR, I didn't play 40-50 songs until the last crash. The xmp-scrobbler.cache file was 0byte after that, tho...
Then I don't think it was that bug, because that one would keep the corrupt cache instead of clearing it. Let's hope the debug logs can shed some light on it ;).

How Can I remove "seeking detector" from xmp-scrobbler? I can only compile, not writing programs :(
Seeking is allowed by last.fm API.
After seeking there is DSP_RESET and song will be not scrobbled.
« Last Edit: 13 Feb '09 - 21:41 by 1648 »

Zarggg

I'm trying to remember, but I think that's an XMPlay limitation.

Dotpitch

How Can I remove "seeking detector" from xmp-scrobbler? I can only compile, not writing programs.
There is no setting for that, you'll have to recode a part of the plugin. It should be possible to scrobble the track when the actual played time is long enough, but development of this plugin has been halted some time ago.

I made this few days ago :-)

Now showing only DSP_RESET when seeking but it's scrobbling :-)

Sajadi

heared that it is possible to submit also tracker tunes to last.fm.. i tried to follow the tips, but it does not work.. anyone have more tips for this?  :)