Author Topic: XMPlay Last.fm/Audioscrobbler plugin (xmp-scrobbler)  (Read 539942 times)

saga

Yep, I already had a chat with SaphirJD yesterday and it turned out to be the "Show overridden tags in Message info" that was missing. It's not really obvious and thus rather confusing.

Bziur

Hello. I just started using the xmp, and I'm quite noob there. I installed xmp-scrobbler, enabled it and configured. And! When any track reach it's half. XMP crashes. I enabled the debug and here is the output:
Code: [Select]
2009-02-24 21:00:51 [INFO] Hello, this is xmp-scrobbler 0.8
2009-02-24 21:00:51 [DEBUG] GetVersion() = 170393861 (5.1, build 2600)
2009-02-24 21:00:51 [DEBUG] curl_version() = libcurl/7.16.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8a zlib/1.2.3
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] DSP_NewTrack (OPEN)
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] XMP_ScrobInit() started
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] CacheManager::Load()
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] Resizing cache array - new length: 29
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [INFO] Number of entries in the cache: 30
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] Scrobbler::init() - cache loaded, doing handshake...
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] XMP_ScrobInit() finished
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] DSP_SetFormat( 1, 44100, 2 )
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] Handshaking: Client up to date.
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] http://post2.audioscrobbler.com:80/protocol_1.1
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] Submit interval set to 1 second(s).
2009-02-24 21:01:17 [DEBUG] Handshake successful.
2009-02-24 21:01:18 [INFO] Handshake with Last.fm server successful!
2009-02-24 21:01:26 [DEBUG] XMP_FetchInfo -- start
2009-02-24 21:01:26 [INFO] Track MusicBrainz ID: 1c9de483-ae5e-49ae-b71a-738f6b80a678
2009-02-24 21:01:26 [DEBUG] XMP_FetchInfo -- end
2009-02-24 21:01:26 [DEBUG] len = 42, diff = 8
2009-02-24 21:01:26 [INFO] Current track: MONORAL - Turbulence (Turbulence)
2009-02-24 21:01:26 [INFO] Submitting in 34 seconds...
2009-02-24 21:01:59 [DEBUG] DSP_Process -- sec <= 0
2009-02-24 21:01:59 [DEBUG] XMP_SubmitProc start
2009-02-24 21:01:59 [DEBUG] Resizing cache array - new length: 58
2009-02-24 21:01:59 [DEBUG] AddTrack (cache_size = 30, tracks_size = 58)
2009-02-24 21:01:59 [INFO] Track added to the cache for submission
2009-02-24 21:01:59 [INFO] Preparing to submit 10 track(s) from the cache
Then it crashes. I'm sure, my password and user aren't wrong.  :-\

Bziur

I found in random post, that after removing cache it suddently started working. So i removed cache and it works well  ::)
It's nice, but to solve whole problem... couldn't you make it check cache for errors before scrobbling, and then eventualy removing whole cache? And there will be much less users knocking to and screaming "IT DOESN'T WORK". ;P

Dotpitch

It's nice, but to solve whole problem... couldn't you make it check cache for errors before scrobbling, and then eventualy removing whole cache? And there will be much less users knocking to and screaming "IT DOESN'T WORK". ;P
Development of xmp-scrobbler was halted some time ago (actually, quite some). The cache error is severe, but it doesn't occur that often, so noone picked it up and fixed the plugin yet.

pirosonico

Hi guys,

I've read countless posts over here but still can't get this plugin to work. Noob alert!

So, first it was the tags. I installed MusicBrainz Picard and that was good. The log doesn't complain anymore about it. But I keep getting the annoying "Handshake with Last.fm server failed!" message. I checked username and password, firewall settings, and so on. What more can i do?

Using xmplay 3.4.2.1 and xmp-scrobbler.dll v0.8.

Code: [Select]
2009-03-19 15:48:05 [INFO] Current track: Radiohead - Treefingers (Kid A)
2009-03-19 15:48:05 [INFO] Submitting in 103 seconds...
2009-03-19 15:48:55 [WARNING] Handshake with Last.fm server failed!
2009-03-19 15:49:47 [INFO] Track added to the cache for submission
2009-03-19 15:49:47 [INFO] Preparing to submit 5 track(s) from the cache
2009-03-19 15:50:35 [WARNING] Handshake with Last.fm server failed!

Thanks in advance!!!

Dotpitch

I've read countless posts over here but still can't get this plugin to work. Noob alert!
So, first it was the tags. I installed MusicBrainz Picard and that was good. The log doesn't complain anymore about it. But I keep getting the annoying "Handshake with Last.fm server failed!" message. I checked username and password, firewall settings, and so on. What more can i do?
MusicBrainz is recommended, but not required. Could you go to xmp-scrobblers options and tick 'Enable debug mode'? That should give some more information in the logfile. Do you allow XMPlay to access the internet? You could change your password and try again, perhaps that works. BTW, you might want to update to the latest stuff version.

pirosonico

:-[

yeah I'm quite stupid sometimes. Thanks for the debug tip, apparently the username was wrong, I wrote the email addy instead of just the username. It works like a charm now.

Thanks.

amit

Has anyone had connection problems recently? I tried all the old tricks but none worked.

Dotpitch

Has anyone had connection problems recently? I tried all the old tricks but none worked.
No problems here, and haven't had them in a while as well.

Frosty

ive noticed that connection problems mostly occur while the player has been loaded for a longer period of time without playback. if by any chance you gonna load the last.fm page during this time or use the firefm plugin in firefox  - basically any other means to scrobble than xmplay - it will end with a bad authorisation in the xmplay scrobbler. i found the error to be perfectly reproducible and the only fix is to restart the player while hoping that you didn't scrobble too much into the cache, otherwise the corruption error occurs and you lose the entire play count.
happend to me quite a few times already, sucks when there are still about 150 songs in the pipeline which are 'lost' forever.
there should be a proper fix for this issue...i wasn't able to continue using the rather cool firefm firefox plugin because of this problem.

Pike84

Just in case anyone was still having some unsurpassable problems with this...

I'm still using the old 0.7 version of the plugin, with no problems whatsoever in a long time. If anyone would like to try it, I might upload/e-mail it somewhere for them (unless it's already available somewhere else).

JRMoore

A friend of mine is working in a new scrobbler for XMPlay, altough it'll take some time to be finished.

Bob2009

I have a problem - the log says handshake with last.fm was succesful, internet connection is ok, nothing crashes, last.fm says its working ok too, but it just wont scrobble... xmplay log says just "preparing to submit x tracks from the cache" but nothing is happening.

saga

I also have that sometimes, but after a while, all songs will be transmitted to last.fm - Just wait and scrobble more.

raina

If it just keeps caching and caching, restarting XMPlay usually gets it going again, in 10 song bursts. If not, you're probably headed for a cache corruption, which can be resolved by deleting the cache file. (Protip: if you still have your playlist of unscrobbled tracks, going through them with wave writer output quickly makes up for it.)

slecopri

both of xmplay.com and support.xmplay.com don't work for some time, and if someone could upload this plug-in (xmp-scrobbler 0.8 ) to rapidshare or another site i will be really grateful (c'mon people, i don't have any scrobbled songs since 6 august :C so please, please!)

Dotpitch

both of xmplay.com and support.xmplay.com don't work for some time, and if someone could upload this plug-in (xmp-scrobbler 0.8 ) to rapidshare or another site i will be really grateful.
I've attached it to this post.
(c'mon people, i don't have any scrobbled songs since 6 august :C so please, please!)
There hasn't been an update in ages, so I doubt replacing the plugin will help much. Did you check the logfile?

[edit]Removed attachment, Support Site is back online.[/edit]
« Last Edit: 21 Aug '09 - 12:06 by Dotpitch »

slecopri

thank you for fast reply, and thank you for plug-in, now everything works fine!  :)

Fentiger

I seem to be having some strange behaviour with xmp scrobbler lately and cant find a solution...

The Scrobbler turns itself off at every song (unticks itself in the configs), so it doesn't scrobble. My Last FM username and password are correct. The log file doesnt attempt to contact with Last FM either. I recently updated to the latest Stuff version of Xmplay...I wondered if thats the problem? I've had no scrobbles for about 5 days now.

Thanks in advance for your help  :)

raina

Could it be that you are automatically loading settings where xmp-scrobbler is disabled? This would explain why it turns off every time you play a song. I don't have a PC to check right now, but you should be able to leave "DSP" plugins out of auto settings, or just disable the automatic loading of them.

Dotpitch

Could it be that you are automatically loading settings where xmp-scrobbler is disabled? This would explain why it turns off every time you play a song.
Go to Options and stuff > Plugins, select xmp-scrobbler (after you've put the right settings) and tick 'Exclude from saved settings'. Or modify your saved settings, ofcourse.

Fentiger

Thanks for your help and quickly replying Raina and Dotpitch..

Unfortunately I still seem to be having problems and I'm still trying to understand whats happening here...

After changing the Scrobbler settings and ticking 'Exclude from saved settings' everything is ok (even if I close Xmplay and reload it). The problem comes when I play a song, which results in another instance of xmp scrobbler being added to plugin list...which also has 'Enable xmp-scrobbler' and 'Exclude from saved settings' unticked. My original instance of xmp-scrobblers setting remain the same, but there is still no attempt to connect Last FM and Scrobble either.... hope all that made sense? ???

I just tried deleting the scrobbler log file too and restaring xmplay, but get the same results. Any idea whats going on?

Thanks for your help again  :)

Fentiger

...also the weird thing is, if I remove xmp-scrobbler completely from the plug-in list, then close Xmplay, and then re-open Xmplay and then play a song, this makes xmp-scrobbler reappear on the plug-in list. This only seems to happen when I attempt to play a song too, and not when I simply restart xmplay.

When it re-appears the settings are still unticked for 'Enable xmp-scrobbler' and Exclude from saved settings.

I'm getting confused trying to solve this. I'd do a complete xmplay/xmp-scrobbler re-install if I knew it would solve the problem, but thought I'd see if there was an easier solution. Could this be a problem with the latest stuff version?

Thanks again for your help guys, its appreciated.

Dotpitch

The problem comes when I play a song, which results in another instance of xmp scrobbler being added to plugin list...which also has 'Enable xmp-scrobbler' and 'Exclude from saved settings' unticked. My original instance of xmp-scrobblers setting remain the same, but there is still no attempt to connect Last FM and Scrobble either....
...also the weird thing is, if I remove xmp-scrobbler completely from the plug-in list, then close Xmplay, and then re-open Xmplay and then play a song, this makes xmp-scrobbler reappear on the plug-in list. This only seems to happen when I attempt to play a song too, and not when I simply restart xmplay.
You should really re-create that saved setting, apparently you saved it with a non-working xmp-scrobbler and it auto-loads it every time you start playing a file. Play the file you're having problems with, edit the settings for xmp-scrobbler so they're correct, and replace the saved settings. Or delete the saved settings, if you don't need to switch configurations.
Could this be a problem with the latest stuff version?
No, it's in your settings.

I thought the 'excluded' scrobbler would override the settings of the 'included' one, but apparently the single-instance limitation does not apply when using saved settings. Is that intentional, Ian?

Fentiger

Thanks for answering. Will give it a go and let you know if succesful..