30 Aug '14 - 19:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Comments and suggestions concerning the XMPlay Support site  (Read 190343 times)
Lashiec
« Reply #40 on: 24 Apr '06 - 12:44 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Great work on the Support Site! It's very nice, especially the new icon. Maybe Ian could change the icon for XMPlay 3.4 to use that one. Anyway, I'm still missing the SNESAmp plug-in on the site. Here's a link to the its download page:

Maserati

« Reply #41 on: 24 Apr '06 - 21:03 »
Reply with quoteQuote

about the icon does anyone have a 128x128 png of it?  also if possible maybe a version without the 'glare'.  thanks Smiley
mmtom

« Reply #42 on: 25 Apr '06 - 18:55 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I would like a link to the forum in the main navigation menu!

Thanks
Tom
Torkell

« Reply #43 on: 25 Apr '06 - 19:15 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think I've found a bug on the support site: this page shows Shoutcast as having one comment, while the plugin page for it doesn't show any comments.

Also, it appears that XMPlaySecret and XMPlaySkin are missing from it (see my sig for links). XMPlaySecret is awaiting a recode for 3.3, but still works for anyone who's using the older registry-based versions. XMPlaySkin is up to date with the latest (as of 3.3) skin system changes.
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #44 on: 26 Apr '06 - 01:18 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hm, strange. That one comment you were mentioning was entered to be a comment for an article rather than a file comment in the database and thus wasn't shown up. I don't know how that could have happened, because I do all my editing via the admin panel - and that doesn't allow changing the comment types. I now have edited some comments but none of them accidentially turned from a file comment into an article comment, so I don't know what's going on there. Let's wait and see whether it happens again. I fixed another little bug in the admin panel, tho. Smiley

I knew about your progs, I just didn't have time to put them online. Or rather, I didn't remember them when I was putting other stuff online.

[Edit] Done.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr '06 - 01:37 by Rah'Dick » Logged
Brian

« Reply #45 on: 2 May '06 - 18:59 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm probably being a complete idiot, but I can't see how to access the commenting facility in the skins section. There's a box for entering comments, but it doesn't respond when I click on it. Do I have to be logged in somewhere, separately from being logged in to this forum, please? Many thanks.

Edit: It works in Internet Explorer, but not in Opera which is my default browser.
« Last Edit: 3 May '06 - 13:48 by Brian » Logged
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #46 on: 3 May '06 - 16:28 »
Reply with quoteQuote

This might be because Opera's Flash Plugin is not up to date (even in the latest build of Opera). I'll see what I can do about the flash applet.
Brian

« Reply #47 on: 3 May '06 - 17:35 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks very much - that would be helpful. I usually have Opera plugins disabled unless I'm visiting a site that I know requires them, but even with them enabled the skins commenting facility only half works.  I must admit I'm a bit surprised to learn that it uses Flash - is that the only option? Thanks again.

Edit: I've updated the Flash plugin for Opera using the standalone Macromedia installer, and everything works fine now. Sorry if I've put you to any trouble, and many thanks once again.
« Last Edit: 3 May '06 - 19:59 by Brian » Logged
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #48 on: 3 May '06 - 20:11 »
Reply with quoteQuote

The reason why I use Flash for the commenting function is massively increasing automated spam on guestbooks and commenting functions. A little help are these scrambled pictures that show you numbers and letters - called CAPTCHA's - but they don't provide 100% protection. In fact, more than 80% of these  can be broken by image analysis. By using Flash, I'm locking out bots and image analysis tools that otherwise tried to infiltrate and exploit HTML formulars (which had happened on my very own guestbook, before I implemented a Flash-based CAPTCHA system).

If you happen to understand German, you can read this article for more information on the topic.
« Last Edit: 3 May '06 - 20:13 by Rah'Dick » Logged
HavaR

« Reply #49 on: 4 May '06 - 17:44 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm not sure if this is the place to point it out, but it seems like the .ape (monkey's Audio) plugin has gone missing.
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #50 on: 4 May '06 - 18:06 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why missing?
http://support.xmplay.com/file_comment.php?id=276 (Maybe it's not in the best category. Should I put it into Winamp Input Plugins instead?)
I can't confirm whether it's actually working because I don't have any APE files for testing.

By the way, when searching for "ape" on the site, this is what you get:
http://support.xmplay.com/search.php?term=ape

[Edit - I edited the topic title as to match the current discussion.]
« Last Edit: 4 May '06 - 18:14 by Rah'Dick » Logged
HavaR

« Reply #51 on: 4 May '06 - 18:58 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I see. I followed the link from the plugins page on the main XMPlay site, leading to the topic about the plugin on the forum, which again pointed to a location within the XMPlay support site. When I clicked that link I got a message saying HTTP 404 - Not Found.

I found the plugin you linked by searching too, but I thought that was only for tag editing, and not for playback. Isn't it?
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #52 on: 5 May '06 - 01:31 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think it's for both. You're probably right, it should be in the Winamp Input section then.
Going to sleep first. Smiley Good night.
Dotpitch

« Reply #53 on: 5 May '06 - 09:50 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here are some other native plugins found on the forum (and not on the native page yet):
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #54 on: 5 May '06 - 19:18 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Aye, thanks matey! Cool The new files are online.
Brian

« Reply #55 on: 5 May '06 - 20:49 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Can I suggest that you add these two excellent Winamp DSP plugins to the site, please:

Jammix Enhancer:
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=144753

CompWide:
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=104516

Many thanks
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #56 on: 6 May '06 - 00:09 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm not sure about these two.
I couldn't get the Jammix Enhancer presets to work with XMPlay at all. Then I closed the config window and could only get it back through editing the Jammix section of XMPlay's "winamp.ini".
CompWide works fine, tho. The only drawback is that you can't use XMPlay's main panel while the DSP config window is open.

Actually I'm not such a big fan of the idea of adding Winamp DSPs to the Support site. The Winamp site is a great place for these already and in my opinion the XMPlay Support site should only list native XMPlay DSP plugins.
« Last Edit: 6 May '06 - 00:19 by Rah'Dick » Logged
Brian

« Reply #57 on: 6 May '06 - 09:42 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Both these plugins work perfectly on my system, otherwise I wouldn't have recommended them. As for the policy, I thought it was to inform XMPlay users of all useful plugins via this site, but I might have got it wrong. As for native XMPlay DSP plugins, I've never heard of those - are there any?
« Last Edit: 6 May '06 - 09:46 by Brian » Logged
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #58 on: 6 May '06 - 12:46 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think that there are thousands of useful DSP plugins out there. Many of them are listed by category on the Winamp site and I don't see a reason why we should duplicate this on the XMPlay Support site. I agree, a link to the Winamp DSP site would indeed be useful.

There are currently no native DSP plugins for XMPlay, but at least there is a DSP kit available here for anyone interested in coding their own. Tongue
« Last Edit: 6 May '06 - 12:58 by Rah'Dick » Logged
fuzzyhair

« Reply #59 on: 7 May '06 - 20:16 »
Reply with quoteQuote

My xmplay is skipping and studdering. Its not my files. It happens when I am ripping a cd and using a lot of memory. Is there a way to make this not happen? Oh and after this happens it tends to make the xmplay stop working and closes the program, then I get the beautiful error reporting message.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: