Author Topic: [SKIN] WMP10  (Read 77271 times)

xaaran

Re: WMP10 Skin WIP
« Reply #100 on: 18 Jul '06 - 07:59 »
C(h)ooolll! This skin is a Quest! *))

The equaliser could be slided down and then you'll see the rest of songs and time count!
And guess how to close xmplay in minimode?! This time I try to find the solution myself *))
Don't take it close, Maserati, cause it's reeally FUNNY! 8))

Now business:
1) You could round only left side of skin, the right side you could leave angled
2) Tomorrow if I fail to find a way to close xmplay in minimode you have a choice: hint me a solution or think about replasing options/stuff button with a close button at top and extended playlist button at bottom, ||: button at bottom :|| .... (echo)

Good luck!
« Last Edit: 18 Jul '06 - 13:49 by xaaran »

r

« Reply #101 on: 18 Jul '06 - 15:03 »
C(h)ooolll! This skin is a Quest! *))

The equaliser could be slided down and then you'll see the rest of songs and time count!
And guess how to close xmplay in minimode?! This time I try to find the solution myself *))
Don't take it close, Maserati, cause it's reeally FUNNY! 8))

Now business:
1) You could round only left side of skin, the right side you could leave angled
2) Tomorrow if I fail to find a way to close xmplay in minimode you have a choice: hint me a solution or think about replasing options/stuff button with a close button at top and extended playlist button at bottom, ||: button at bottom :|| .... (echo)

Good luck!
i just posted about this a couple of days ago!

you can use a keyboard shortcut to close xmplay from mini-mode... (that's what i do!)
find the shortcut "close with position saved" and pick a key and you're good to go!

alternatively, double click on mini-mode to toggle xmplay into playlist mode (the one with the equalizer), at the top right hand corner there is an "X" so you can close XMPlay.

hope that helped!

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #102 on: 18 Jul '06 - 15:04 »
Or you just could right-click the task bar button and click "Close". The tray icon also has a "Close" option.

legumo

« Reply #103 on: 20 Jul '06 - 22:45 »
The reason I did not add the buttons to the main window is because I thought it would be redundant and add complexity to it.

There is already 3 other ways to add files to the playlist:
1) Enable: Options>Integration>Context menu>Add to XMPlay-list
2) Drag and drop files into the playlist
3) In the Extended Playlist view there is an Add button with a green plus icon.

Dont forget you can do this with whole folders, individual files, and .pls (playlist) files.

@xaaran suggestions:
*I thought about rounding the corners in minimode, but then its less natural when you dock it to the corners of the window. 
*I havent seen this playlist bug, is the equalizer panel completely lowered when this happens?
*I dont think there is a way to change the highlight for current selection and the found files if I understand correctly.

@Philippe
* Playlist Total Time / Count is in the main panel right next to the equalizer grip thing in the bottom right of the playlist.

Of course the source is up on the support site if you want to change anything to fit your preference.  ;)
Hope that helps!
/Ben

OPEN button required maserati please!

Maserati

Re: WMP10 Skin
« Reply #104 on: 20 Nov '06 - 06:19 »
v2 coming soon  :D

[edit] previews moved to first post.

Any suggestions, comments?
« Last Edit: 30 Nov '06 - 17:35 by Maserati »

Brian

« Reply #105 on: 20 Nov '06 - 10:53 »
I realise that this is probably a tall order, but I'd really like to see this skin available with a choice of colour schemes, please (olive green is my own favourite). Of course I also realise that I can do something myself with the source, but somehow it's never quite the same! Many thanks.

Maserati

« Reply #106 on: 20 Nov '06 - 23:00 »
I realise that this is probably a tall order, but I'd really like to see this skin available with a choice of colour schemes, please (olive green is my own favourite). Of course I also realise that I can do something myself with the source, but somehow it's never quite the same! Many thanks.

I might make alt colors once this is finished.  I was considering a silver version.  But I still need to finish my other skin 'GoXM', so it wont happen right away.  But please post a screenshot of the color you like and i might have a look at it.

Brian

« Reply #107 on: 21 Nov '06 - 14:29 »
Thanks very much for your consideration. I'm afraid I'm unable to provide a screenshot (I don't feel safe with the way of doing so on this site), but RGB 142,155,111 / #8E9B6F may give you an idea of the dominant shade and tone I have in mind. By the way, a skin with a silver (or steel) frame and olive-green window backgrounds would be an attractive possibility. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 21 Nov '06 - 20:48 by Brian »

Maserati

« Reply #108 on: 25 Nov '06 - 01:52 »
here is the 'dark' scheme I am working on

[edit] move to first post.

The Olive Green color is trickier since it is not a preset in WMP10.  It would require me guessing the Hue and Saturation settings, a single screenshot would help alot.  If you are not sure how to take a screenshot or how to upload an image its not difficult and i could explain how.
« Last Edit: 30 Nov '06 - 17:34 by Maserati »

Brian

« Reply #109 on: 25 Nov '06 - 09:46 »
Thanks for the offer, but the reason I'm reluctant to provide a screenshot isn't lack of knowledge, it's lack of security - I would have to make the address of my own website visible, which I'm afraid I don't wish to do. At least that's my understanding of the arrangement for showing screenshots in this forum.

Perhaps you would consider the closest available WMP10 preset, please?

Maserati

« Reply #110 on: 25 Nov '06 - 18:15 »
check this out :)  free image upload sites, no registration
http://imageshack.us/
http://imagecloset.com/
http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/
http://www.imagethrust.com/
http://www.imagevenue.com/
http://www.upload2.net/
http://www.zshare.net/

There are also sites like photobucket.com (the one I am using) and flickr.com, which are better for managing personal collections, but they require registration.

also when you take a screenshot you can use alt+prtscn to take a screenshot of only the active window.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov '06 - 18:19 by Maserati »

Brian

« Reply #111 on: 25 Nov '06 - 23:17 »
OK, here's a screenshot:

It's rather rough and ready, as everything is olive green, including some elements which probably shouldn't be. Thanks again.

raina

« Reply #112 on: 26 Nov '06 - 00:27 »
You can attach images by clicking Additional Options... on the message composition page. The images are uploaded to the forum and no linking is required. This way images in messages also stay independent.

Brian

« Reply #113 on: 26 Nov '06 - 09:47 »
Is this a new facility? I could have sworn that another member was told not long ago, on good authority, that creating an external link was the only way to show images in the forum. Evidently Maserati also thought so. Anyway, we know now, so thanks for the pointer!

raina

« Reply #114 on: 26 Nov '06 - 12:28 »
Remember when the forum software was updated to the current 1.1 RC2 version? I believe file attachments were enabled around that time. It's really handy as you don't have to worry about storing random XMPlay related images out of site and keeping the references intact. There are some limitations to attaching files (file formats, maximum of 3 per message and only registered users being able to view them) but I remember Ian saying these are not carved in stone so with valid reasoning, the limitations could be extended if need be.

Maserati

« Reply #115 on: 14 Jan '07 - 02:21 »
I did a little more work on the update and intend to release it in a day or two.
Please see the first post for the latest screenshots and let me know what you think :)

One thing I could do is add an equalizer button to the top near the ext playlist/open/min/close button, and get rid of the thing on the bottom of the scrollbar.  If I pack the equalizer a little more it could prevent the output_panel from overlaying the scrollbar.  This would undo the cool sliding effect though  8)

btw I did not forget about the olive green request, I will try to release that next.  What about this color?

or
« Last Edit: 14 Jan '07 - 05:37 by Maserati »

raina

« Reply #116 on: 14 Jan '07 - 14:28 »
These are actual screen shots of WMP? What's up with the blue controls not being dyed too?

Maserati

« Reply #117 on: 14 Jan '07 - 15:05 »
yep those are actual wmp10 screenshots of two different color presets.  I like to stick to the presets because they generally look good and are easily returned to.

Maserati

« Reply #118 on: 14 Jan '07 - 20:25 »
I've submitted the v2 update and its now availible on the skins page here
http://www.un4seen.com/xmplay.html#skins

It should be up on the support site soon including source. :)

shamka

« Reply #119 on: 21 Jan '07 - 08:59 »
i really feel the lack of a remove button