Author Topic: [SKIN] WMP10  (Read 77282 times)

pupil

Re: WMP10 Skin WIP
« Reply #50 on: 8 Jun '06 - 23:34 »
really looking forward to this skin being released, looks great and amazingly functional :) keep up the good work.

oh.. and I agree, I like the XMPlay icon and text being in the top left corner, lets ppl know what audio player they "should" be using if they see it on your desktop ;)

Maserati

« Reply #51 on: 9 Jun '06 - 06:44 »
It will be released very soon  8)

I got smart with the mini-mode and removed the 'stop' button and made the title longer.

The two little buttons on the far right are ext playlist (top) and options (bottom).  Is that good or would anyone prefer it otherwise?

uRRada

« Reply #52 on: 9 Jun '06 - 08:48 »
It will be released very soon  8)
The two little buttons on the far right are ext playlist (top) and options (bottom).  Is that good or would anyone prefer it otherwise?

I think option button is useless: whenever you want it you can rightclick context menu on xmplay.

Good skin. I am looking forward too.
Thanks.

pupil

« Reply #53 on: 9 Jun '06 - 09:46 »
I may be showing my ignorance here about XMPlay skins, but is it possible for the mini mode to be horizontally strectchable? Like the mini mode in QCD. I love your mini mode, but I would like it to be a lot longer so there is more room to display song titles, maybe another 3cm or something would be great. Mini modes can be really long as far as Im concerned, as long as they are slim enough to fit over the window at the top of my screen and not blocking anything while I have it locked and I'm using other programs. I'd prefer a stop button as well (especially if it was longer). I like the ext playlist and options buttons as they take up virtually no space.

just my opinions, thanks :)

raina

« Reply #54 on: 9 Jun '06 - 11:21 »
The player window is not strechable.

Maserati

« Reply #55 on: 9 Jun '06 - 15:25 »
The good news is I will upload the source, and editing the minimode is extremely simple should you want to expand/contract it.  ;)

uRRada

« Reply #56 on: 9 Jun '06 - 16:21 »
The good news is I will upload the source, and editing the minimode is extremely simple should you want to expand/contract it.  ;)

where can I download beta of this xmpskin?

Maserati

« Reply #57 on: 9 Jun '06 - 17:13 »
on this site  :P very likely within a few days tops...
« Last Edit: 10 Jun '06 - 15:46 by Maserati »

uRRada

« Reply #58 on: 15 Jun '06 - 09:09 »

Oh I canít wait.
Urgently I need to obtain some positive emotions after crushing defeat of our Ukrainian team in its first match on Germany 2006 football tournament!!!! (((

Maserati, HELP, please email me this skin ASAP!!!!

Lashiec

« Reply #59 on: 15 Jun '06 - 12:03 »
Oh I canít wait.
Urgently I need to obtain some positive emotions after crushing defeat of our Ukrainian team in its first match on Germany 2006 football tournament!!!! (((

I couldn't avoid it. Go Spain!!!  ;)

uRRada@mail.ru

« Reply #60 on: 16 Jun '06 - 13:44 »

Oh I canít wait.

uRRada@mail.ru

Maserati

« Reply #61 on: 16 Jun '06 - 20:42 »
Sorry it's not ready to be released yet.  I want to do a little work on the info panels and experiment with some of the new skin features the latest XMplay build added. 

I sent Rah'Dick a copy to test, and he had a couple good suggestions all of which have been implemented!  :)
Still a little more tweaking to do, particularly on the info windows.

latest changes:
- knob_position.bmp added.  requires latest XMPlay build  8)
- The level.bmp has been greatly improved.  From a solid 5 levels, to 20 that fade in.
- The output panel masks are wider and easier to use.
- The options buttons on the output panel are now greyed out when off.
- The border on the output panel was reduced from 3 lines to 1, this also exactly aligns it just under track 6 so it's no longer cut-off.  This is esp nice if you have follow current track on
- The sliders for the output panel now have a 2px margin from the border and the thumbs go to the top.
- The 'EQ-Grip' has been moved to the right so as to no longer block the 'Now Playing' arrow when on the last track.
- The 'EQ-Grip' is 'integrated' with the output panel, e.g, the whole panel is "drag+hide" capable.
- The scroller width was increased and the arrows were removed.

screenshots:
[see updated screenshots a few posts down]
« Last Edit: 30 Jun '06 - 04:56 by Maserati »

markcs

« Reply #62 on: 16 Jun '06 - 22:26 »
Looks great.  Looking forward to the day this will be released!  :)

Tsorovan

« Reply #63 on: 16 Jun '06 - 22:37 »
What's up with the faint "watermark" in the playlist background? I thought I had some major smudging on my monitor...

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #64 on: 16 Jun '06 - 23:41 »
It might be better to move the musical note image to the bottom right of the playlist, like in Windows Explorer. It looks a bit weird in the middle, I agree...
@Maserati: I have to admit that I haven't tested the latest files yet, sorry. Too much to do here...  :-\

Maserati

« Reply #65 on: 17 Jun '06 - 00:02 »
I've been busy lately too, that's why its not finished, but I wanted to post some screenshots to show its almost done :)

I am not sure how I feel about the 'watermark' either.  It was actually in the last screenshots I posted, but it's completely covered by the titles.  Its not that important but I may play with it some more e.g., change the graphic, location, opacity, or just remove it.

Right now the priority is to clean up the info window/ext playlist.

[EDIT] I removed the watermark from the first screenshot.  I like it better this way.
« Last Edit: 17 Jun '06 - 00:18 by Maserati »

xaaran

« Reply #66 on: 27 Jun '06 - 15:25 »
Maserati, we are watching you!!!!

piovrauz

« Reply #67 on: 29 Jun '06 - 15:16 »
Maserati, where are you? We *need* this awesomw skin!  ;D

Maserati

« Reply #68 on: 29 Jun '06 - 22:03 »
Don't worry I did not forget about the skin.  I've just been very busy with other things.  I will try to finish it up this weekend and submit it.  :)

Maserati

« Reply #69 on: 30 Jun '06 - 04:55 »
OK please have a look at these screenshots and please share any constructive criticism you may have because this might be the last chance to do so!  ;D
I've sent Rah'Dick another copy so he can test it out.  I hope to finalize it and have it up public this weekend!

piovrauz

« Reply #70 on: 30 Jun '06 - 08:14 »
Seems very good to me! The only thing I don't like much is the "scroll bar" in the playlist. But for the rest, it's ok.

raina

« Reply #71 on: 30 Jun '06 - 09:35 »
Ace. Looking super slick but I agree about the scrollbar. I think the track needs something so the thumb isn't just floating around. The thing that's really making me notice this is the playlist highlight color that's cut abruptly when encountering the scrollbar area.

pupil

« Reply #72 on: 30 Jun '06 - 09:55 »
That skin is fantastic, really looking forward to using it very soon... and you chose to make the slim version longer as well  :D perfect! Agreed on the scroll bar, looks a little out of place in comparison to the rest of the skin, aopaprt from that it looks excellent, great work!

Just an idea, and I don't know how much extra work this, but how's about making a couple different coloured versions, a nice veriety for ppl to choose from. I'd like a silver version... nudge nudge ;)

uRRada

« Reply #73 on: 30 Jun '06 - 11:45 »
1) The mini mode needs seek bar I think.

2) Starting visualization in info window accent bulky buttons of info window toolbar. The bar [info-list-library] and main toolbar could be organized some other compact way I think. Please see Section skin of how [list/info] marks are organized, maybe something like that.

Generally I see two (traditional) ways of placing toolbars:
- in one line with [info/list/library] indicator
- or in two lines with [info/list/library] plus separate toolbar.
You can also experiment with  light version without any toolbar like: [general/message/samples/vis/list/library] in one line placing other stuff into main window.

Looking forward.

pupil

« Reply #74 on: 30 Jun '06 - 12:20 »
oooh yes, I agree with uRRada about a seek bar on the mini mode, something really thin and small allong the bottom edge would be fine. Also on the mini mode (of which I'm most interested as thats the only form I ever use XMPlay in) how would you choose to open files, or would you have to flip to the main skin to do this, if so, that'd be pretty annoying. I'm also vearing more towards the stop button being on the mini mode again as when i use the id3tag editing plugin, i need to have the files unloaded by the stop button, and would rather not have to keep flicking through skins to do this. Your call though, I'm just saying how I personally like to use XMPlay, I may be in the minority :) My skin of choice atm is WAModern - http://support.xmplay.com/file_comment.php?id=326 and the mini mode there works how I like things.

thanks again